1.20

The two forbidden kids walked into the gambling room. It was loud as hell in there, plenty of adults where laughing, screaming, taunting, crying. Name it, it was happening. Amaya's eyes scanned the room landing on one specific man who was telling a story quite loudly. He was dressed in beige sweats, which Amaya considered strange, I mean they were in a casino and this guys' wearing sweatpants and a hoodie. Yet, she could tell as soon as she lay her eyes on him that this was Hermes.

Percy and Amaya started towards the 'man' and stopped just in front of his poker table.

"Hey, demigods! Welcome!" Hamilton sung, opps my bad, Hermes greeted them.

The two teens shared a questioning look before Amaya spoke for the two. Taking a breath the girl calmly talked to the man. "We were sent to find you." She stated.

"Well, you found me." Hermes stated. "Come join us. You kids know how to play craps?"

"Look, we don't really have a lot of time. We need to talk with one of our friends and we need your help to-"

"I know what you need my help for." The god interrupts smiling at the pair. "You want my help to sneak into the Underworld"

"Wow." Percy sasses. "You're a really good guesser."

"I exist beyond space and time, kid. Why do you think they put me in charge of the mail?" Hermes joked as he toyed with a dice. Percy and Amaya shared another glance. "Look, you're not the first demigods to ask and, trust me, you won't be the first demigods to walk away disappointed." He continued as he walked around the table to stand in front of the two. "So you might as well play a little-"

"We're friends of Luke's" Amaya deadpanned. Hermes smile faltered as he analyzed the two demigods in front of him.

"Yeah." He said eventually. "Okay."

This caused a triumphant smile to appear on Amaya's face. "Okay, but we gotta take you to our friend first."

"Fine." Hermes agreed with a dramatic sighed.

🔱

"Annabeth, pleasssssssse. I just want to listen; I swear on my sword that I'll stay quite." Amaya begged her best friend.

"Amaya. No. We've been through this. You can not keep your mouth shut. As hard as you try. It doesn't work." Annabeth left no room for argument.

"Ughhhh, fine. I hate you." Amaya groaned before walking off and taking a seat away from where Annabeth, Percy and Hermes were talking.

🔱

By the time Percy and Annabeth were done talking with Hermes, Amaya was half asleep. The girl was seriously sleep deprived after all the movement they had done in the last couple of days. Amaya was just considering how bad it would be if she fell asleep when a very pissed off Annabeth came storming away from the table where she was seated.

Grumbling the daughter of Athena grabbed her friend's wrist pulling her off her chair and dragging her through the crowded hallways.

Questions of all sorts tumbled out of Amaya's mouth as she was dragged along by her life-long best friend.

"What the fuck." Amaya stated as her and Annabeth reached the front of the casino/hotel/whatever the place is.

Amaya and Annabeth were staring out the windows where the sky had now fallen into complete darkness. Almost as if it were night. But when they got there it was probably only around mid-day, and they had only been there for a couple of hours. How was this possible.