Do you want water?

31.10.2021

It was 7 p.m., and I was hurriedly getting ready. I wanted to look my best today, hoping for something to happen between us, like a glance or eye contact.

I was very clear about my intentions; I didn't want to be in a relationship. Even though I have a crush on him, I made it clear to myself that it would not go beyond that. That's it.

I got ready, and we reached the venue. He hadn't arrived yet, so I waited near the door, hoping to catch a glimpse of him. And then, he arrived.

He was wearing all black, my favorite color. The black blazer and pants fit him perfectly. His hair was neatly styled, and his greenish-grey eyes sparkled like diamonds, standing out vividly against his dark attire. His confident stride and charming smile made him impossible to ignore. I couldn't look away despite everyone's fear of noticing.

I watched him constantly at the reception. I found ways to be near him just to catch his glances again and again. This went on well beyond the wedding day.

After having dinner, I was passing by the hall when I saw him coming towards the ladies' section. I wanted him to notice me, so I decided to walk that way.

As I was passing, I got so involved in looking at him that I almost slipped. Thankfully, I managed to avoid falling.

"Oh, thank God I didn't fall in front of him," I thought.

"If that had happened, I wouldn't be able to look at him again with all that embarrassment"

Luckily, he didn't even see me almost slipping. "Ugh, these heels," I muttered to myself. He continued on his way, and I didn't try to catch his attention again as I was quite embarrassed by what had happened.

Many moments when he was near me made this reception truly special. Like he was standing with his sisters, and I was with my cousins as we watched the bride and groom's entry. We were really close. I couldn't help myself as my feelings for him grew stronger.

The reception was about to end. I was sitting with my father when he came over, offering us water.

He asked, "Do you want water?"

I thought to myself, "No, I want you," and chuckled inwardly. Of course, I didn't say that out loud.

My father replied, "No, thanks, beta," and he went on his way.

I think this was the only moment when he noticed me because I was right in front of him.

During the whole event, I secretly took some pictures and videos of him, just so I could see them whenever I missed him and also to send to my best friend.

With all these beautiful moments, the reception eventually came to an end.
Now, I was even more excited about the upcoming events.