Chapter 7

I woke up the next morning surrounded by Reid, James and Michael. They had insisted on staying with me for my protection and I didn't want to be alone anyway.

"Alpha."

"Good morning James."

"Shall I wake them?"

"No, let them sleep. I'll go cook some eggs for us, and stop calling me Alpha. You've known me since we were in diapers."

"Yes Alph- I mean, ugh, yes ma'am."

"Boy we are the same age, who are you calling ma'am? Just call me Evangeline."

"That's inappropriate ma'am."

"Fine then I preferred Alpha to ma'am."

"As you wish, Alpha." James laughed.

I threw him a sour face and walked downstairs. I went straight to the barn and from the few chickens that we had left began looking for just two eggs. Even with all the packs together we were still poor. The King would assume us weak and that will be his first mistake. After gathering the eggs I walked back to my makeshift home. I started the fire and grabbed a pan. By the time the eggs were done Michael, Reid and James were coming downstairs.

"Alpha."

"Michael. I made some eggs."

"Thank you."

Someone was grumpy.

"I know you aren't happy about the Vampires, but suck it up. It's happening. We are weak enough barely having any food."

He said nothing but gave a quick nod. Michael never liked the Vampires. Hell none of us did. Sharing a boarder with them made them more of an annoyance than anything.

"Get ready to go." I pushed my plate away along with my share of the eggs. I was no longer hungry.

It didn't take my men very long to get ready. I shifted and had them hang my sword, battle axes and knives along my sides. Alpha Klein only had two swords and a shield but the rumors were that he was an impressive fighter. Right before we left my head started searing in pain. I whimpered and collapsed rubbing my head along the ground trying to make the pain stop.

"Grab her! Grab her!"

"Hold her head!"

The men shouting orders weren't from my pack. I was jumped on and held down. Michael appeared in front of me, grabbing my head and holding me down.

"Alpha, I know it hurts but don't fight it. Let it in. Breathe and let it in."

"It hurts." I could barely speak through the mind link.

"I know. I know. The Alphas bowed to you. You're moving up in ranking. The pain is all the other packs members joining the mind link to you. You're becoming stronger. Let them in."

I tried to control my breathing and do as he asked. Then I started hearing them. One by one they flooded my mind. All the pack members getting access to me one at a time. All of them whispered 'Alpha' over and over. Chanting and becoming unison as each member joined. It didn't hurt anymore and I stopped withering on the floor. That was when the men let me go. I stood up seemingly taller, my head high and surrounded by everyone. Once I stood and looked out at them they all bent their knees and bowed their heads. I felt more powerful than ever. Stronger, faster almost untouchable. The pride I felt inside had to be released and I let out a howl. It didn't take long for my pack to shift and they all joined me. It felt strange to say but that's what they were now. My pack.

After our song I took off running towards the vampire, human and fairy territory. Klein was pushing to keep up with me so I slowed a bit for his sake. My pack kept howling as I took off to help grow our army and defeat this tyrant of a King. My muscles moved with a newfound strength. I could feel my blood pulsing through my veins. I could feel my muscles constricting and relaxing with each stride I took. I was ready for war. I was ready to spill blood.