Chapter 12

"Good morning little bird."

His voice haunted me every morning. Echoing inside my head and calling to me more than my responsibilities to my pack. I sighed and rolled over onto my back. I stared at the wooded ceiling, but inevitably giving into the role that was thrusted on me. I sat up in bed my feet touching the rough floor. It creaks with every step. Slanting a bit to the right.
The breeze flows through the wall where Roman and Michael had flown out of. I approach it and look out into the plains. Then I see him. He's crouched so low that had the breeze not flown his way I wouldn't have seen him. His all black wolf just staring at me. I don't wave. I don't smile. I barely blink before turning away. No wonder he is jealous of Roman. He saw him in my room.

"Your Grace the Alphas and I wish to speak with you. We've come to a conclusion about Black."

"I'm coming."

I grab my pants, slip them on and walk downstairs and outside. I stop on my porch and for a minute I applaud myself on what I was able to do. I only saw myself able to control my pack, now I had packs, clans and herds with me. I impressed even myself. I stretch and walk to the tent right next door where Alazar, Jayson, Roman and Klein are already seated.

"Jayson, so good to see you. Your journey here was not too risky I hope."

"My Queen my journey was safe. However I'm afraid you may not like what we have to say. Please sit with us."

Great. Here we go. I walk around them at the table and take my seat at the head.

"Well, what conclusion has my council come to?"

The look among each other and Alazar speaks.

"Your Grace we believe it's best Black be kept alive and in the dungeons. You cannot be without your mate. Not having him will weaken you. However, we think for the good of the Land of Sun and Roses you should choose another suitor to have as King Consort and produce an heir with." His voice shakes near the end. Telling me he didn't wholeheartedly agree.

"Black will never be able to be trusted. He can't be kept with you, he may yet try to overthrow you from the inside." Klein pitches in.

"Let me see if I understand this my Alphas. You want me to claim and mate with Black to enhance my strength but then lock him up, choose another to appoint as King Consort and father my children? What of this chosen one? A wolf climbing the ranks so high may get to his head. How will I trust him?"

"Your Grace we believe Roman should be this King Consort. You two already have chemistry. He's publicly rejected his mate for you. His strength won't over power yours as Queen." Jayson says.

I look over to Roman who isn't looking at me but down at his hands in his lap like a child who's been scolded.

"Fine. If this is what you believe is best. I will not object to my council. Jayson, I understand the sea is secure, now we need to cut off their contact inland. We-"

An explosion and screams can be heard as the ground shakes and my people are running outside the tent.

"Blood Moon!" Darius yells as he rears at the entrance of my tent.

"GET ROBB AND HIS MEN! FLUR AND KURT GET YOUR PEOPLE IN THE AIR BUT HOLD UNTIL MY ORDER. WATCH FOR JAMES. ROMAN, MICHAEL ON ME. ALAZAR GET THE WOLVES IN ORDER. LUCIAN STAY HIDDEN. ASHLEY PROTECT THE CHILDREN AND ELDERS. GO GO GO!" I yell orders as more explosions rumble and I see many being blown backwards.

I shift in anger and charge to the gate with everyone scrambling to follow what I commanded. I see Flur and her men gathering Kurt and his people with their arrows to the air. Darius and his herd gather Robb and his men onto their backs. The fawns get their swords and run behind Darius. Roman and Michelle are at my right and left. At the gate I stand point and center. I bare my teeth and growl with my hackles raised seeming bigger than what I am. I see Black front and center of his men. His pack behind him but smaller in number. I can do this. I shift back and walk out with Roman and Michael staying glued to me.