Chapter 8

"Alpha are you certain you want to do this?"

Klein had made it his mission to ask me that question one thousand times to the boarder.

"For the thousandth time, yes. Now shut up and pay attention. Listen, watch, smell, and feel the woods around you."

"Woods? This is dead trees and smoke. The sun doesn't even break through the fog. How can we trust Lucian Red-"

"Well hello there pup. What are you doing on this side of my territory hm? Long way from home aren't you?"

As soon as he calls me pup I know who I'm speaking to. Lucian. His red eyes stare at me. Bright as crimson. I shift not caring about my nakedness in my rush to get home.

"Hello Lucian. I come in peace and wish to have a meeting with you."

"We are meeting right now." He smirks at me.

"I think you'll want to know what I-"

"What? You think I want to know if what you'll offer me will be better than the Kings offer?"

I'm stunned into silence. Lucian moves to pull something out of his pocket. His pale chest flexing in the dim light.

Kieth growls a warning ready to pounce. Lucian only smirks at him.

"Down boy. You said you come in peace. I'll hear you woman."

He jumps down from the tree into the water and stalks towards me. I stand tall and don't flinch. I can't show weakness. He gets closer and closer until I can feel his breath on my face. Our chests inches apart. He raises his hand and in between his thumb and his pointer finger he holds a scroll.

"This came this morning from none other than the King himself. It seems his packs have turned on him and he's asking for assistance in his army. I know the power has shifted. I can feel it. Blood Moon will loose. With or without my help. However, I hate him. You have yet to poison me with such a feeling so what is it you offer for my service?"

"What do you want?" I ask staring into his eyes.

He only laughs. "Sweet little pup what a question. My people are dying. We need blood and not just from animals. I want to hunt-"

"No. We can hold blood transfusions. We will donate willingly and you can store it and live off of it. No hunting."

He thinks about it. He hasn't moved and neither have I. The scroll still sits in my peripheral vision. His eyes hold a glimmer of amusement.

"Deal pup."

"Gather your people. Get to my territory in the night. We will see that your accommodations are met."

"Yes ma'am." He salutes me, but I see the smile on his thin lips. He's hiding something.

I shift back and Klein follows my lead. We stick to the river as planned just in case no one else was successful gaining numbers.

The sun is gone by the time we make it back to camp. I immediately look for my Alphas. Alazar and Jayson find me first and come to me in their wolf forms. Both bow their heads once they approach with a smaller wolf and a goblin.

"How did you do?"

"My Queen, we have recruited all the rogues in exchange for pardons and acceptance into your pack." Alazar speaks for the rogues. I then turn to Jayson.

"The Goblins only wish to be involved in our society more. They are mostly peaceful and come offering their medical assistance since their skills in battle are less than valuable."