House of Gold

MAISIE JOLTED AWAKE

MAISIE JOLTED AWAKE.

The top of her head slammed into Leo's jaw, causing him to let out a yelp of pain. The screaming that awoke her still continued.

"Coach is awake." Leo stated, rubbing his hurting jaw.

Jason looked quizzically at how close Maisie and Leo seemed before calling to the rouge satyr.

"Coach!" He yelled.

"You're that new kid," he turned to Jason, lowering his club. "Jason."

He then turned to notice the other three demigods that were in the room.

"Valdez, McLean. What's going on? We were at the Grand Canyon when the anemoi thuellai were attacking and—"

He zeroed in on the caged storm spirits. "Die!"

"Woah, Hedge." Maisie had stepped into his path. "They're locked up. Leo just sprang you out of the other cage."

"Oh, hey there, Elliot. Haven't seen you in a while," Gleeson said, before turning to the other three. "What's going on? Just because I'm a satyr doesn't mean I can't make you guys to push ups!"

Jason cleared his throat. "Coach— Gleeson— um, whatever you want us to call you. You saved us at the Grand Canyon. You were totally brave."

"Of course I was!" Coach exclaimed.

"Don't inflate his ego any more, Jason." Maisie said.

"The extraction team came and took us to camp half-blood." He continued. "We thought we'd lost you. Then we got word the storm spirits had taken you back to their— um, operator, Medea."

"That witch! Wait— that's impossible. She's mortal. She's dead."

"Yeah, well," Leo said, "Somehow she's not dead anymore."

Hedge nodded, his eyes narrowing. "So! You were all sent in a dangerous quest to rescue me! Excellent!"

"Um." Piper got to her very, holding out her hands so coach wouldn't attack her. "Actually glee— can I still call you Coach Hedge? Gleeson seems wrong. We're on a quest for something else. We kind of found you by accident."

"Oh." His spirits seemed to deflate, but only for a second. "But there are no accidents! Not on quests. This was meant to happen! So, this is the witches lair, eh? Why is everything gold?"

"Gold?" Jason questioned.

It was then that they all seemed to realize that the whole room was made of solid gold. Everything was gold.

"Nice," Leo said. "No wonder that got so much security."

"This isn't—" Piper stammered. "This isn't Medea's place, Coach. It's some rich persons mansion in Omaha. We got away from Medea and crash landed here."