26 | will you forget me?

26 ☆ ( "THE MOON IS BEAUTIFUL TONIGHT, ISN'T IT?" )

Riki and I skipped school to go out with the rest of the group

Riki and I skipped school to go out with the rest of the group. I wasn't too sure what was on the itinerary since we were nearing November and I was sure today would be cold. However, they were all on board, which left me with no choice but to come along.

I had yet to return home. It's been almost three months since I went. Dad would bring me things in the morning, and we'd go out together on the weekends. Mother, however, seemed to forget I existed–that didn't bother me, though. It at least kept her out of sight and mind.

"You never told me where we were going," Riki still pulled me along, wordless. I groaned as we crossed the hill toward Jungwon's place–and eventually, when we got there, the three of them were already waiting. "Can one of you tell me what we're doing today?"

"Rie, Riki! You're finally here! I thought we might have to meet you at the campgrounds," Camping? I don't know if that's my forte. Hanae gave me a side hug as Riki let me go, poking my cheek. "I missed you, sport! I thought I wouldn't see you again, but at least you climbed out of your shell."

"I had no plan on being seen," I muttered, itching my eyebrow. "Now, tell me why we're going camping as our day trip. We could've done anything else."

"Yeah, but majority rules," Jungwon giggled, pointing to him, Hanae, and Riki. "The three of us wanted to go camping, and Sunoo wanted to do something else that didn't require bonding with the environment. We assumed the two of you, as similar as you guys are, would want the same thing, so it was a double vote."

"And, your side is still lost, so we're going camping," I'd prefer to take care of Sato with Mother in the room. Oh, I forgot to mention that I took Sato with me to school. Sato now sits on Teacher Fujii's desk, and while I'm gone, he'll feed her. She's been getting a little fat these days, but I hear that's good. So, I'm not too worried as long as she isn't overfed. "Rest assured, Rie. We'll do lots of scenic hiking before we do any sort of camping. And, we'll be in separate tents."

"What?" Riki's eyebrows are knitted. "But, I bought two. One for me and Rie, and the other for you three."

"Does that make any sense to you, Nishimura? Besides, I don't know how comfortable we'll all feel questioning what the two of you might be doing in there–so, she's sleeping with me," Startled, Riki looked to Jungwon for assistance, but Jungwon was too kind to go against his crush's words. Pushing up my glasses, I side-eyed Sunoo, who was already looking at me with discontent. Maybe he does know that my ties romantically have been cut. "Anyway, let's not hesitate. We'll miss the bus if we delay. Everyone, bring your things!"