MOTHER

Sharon's POV (Louise's mother)

(There is a vampire.) I took the knife from the kitchen and headed to the door then the door opened and I saw Louise on the doorstep. "Mom I'm back. Mom what's with the knife?" I hid the knife behind me. "Oh this? Its nothing." I headed to the door and looked for the vampire. "Mom. What are you looking for?"

"Its nothing." I said and went back to the kitchen.

(I'm sure I just sensed a presence of a vampire.) While sitting on the chair and thinking about it I sensed it again. (There it is again.. Its in Louise's room!) I took the knife and ran to her room I opened the door and saw Louise with a young man who is sitting on the window. "Louise stay away from him, he is a vampire!" Then Louise stood between us. "Mom I know. But how do you know?" She looked at me with a confused face. Then the vampire spoke. "Because she is a witch, a full pledged witch. Full pledged witches can sense vampires and vampire hunters."

"How do you know Robert?" Louise asked as she face the vampire. "Because I can sense witches. Us vampires can sense any witch and vampires." Then Louise faced me and asked. "Mom is it true that you are a witch?"

"Yes. I am." I said as I bow my head and placed the knife on the table. "Then what is a full pledged witch doing here? Don't tell me you are the witch who fled 20 years ago?" The vampire asked me.

"Yes it was me." Then I started telling the whole story.

*20 years ago*

"Congratulations Miss Crawford you are now a full pledged witch." The mother witch said as she cast a spell on me.

"Congratulations. We are so proud of you Sharon." My friends said as they hugged me. "Thank you." Then I sensed a familiar presence. "Please excuse me." I followed it and saw a man with white hair and orange eyes. "Oh Louis you can't be here. The witches might find you. You know vampire hunters are forbidden here." I said as I pushed him. Then the witches came. "Sharon stay away from him he is a vampire hunter." The higher witches said as they pointed their wands on Louis. "No!" I stood between them and protected Louis. "You can't kill him. He is my lover." The witches gasped. "You broke the first law Miss Crawford and because of that we will remove the spell and you are sentenced to death." Louis and I rode on my broom and soared to the sky. "Hang on Louis. We are going to the portal." I headed to the portal then Louis and I arrived in the human world.

*A few years after*

"Louis I think the baby is coming out." I said while holding my stomach. "We better go to the hospital." He said in a panicky tone and called an ambulance.

"It's a girl Mrs. Howard." The doctor said as he handed me the baby. "What will we call her?" Louis asked with a smile. "Louise. I'll name him after you. Louise Howard." I kissed Louise on the forehead and the nurse took her.

*ding dong*

"Honey someone is in the door please open it!" I said while feeding Louise. Louis opened the door and saw a man in heavy clothing carrying a shotgun behind him. The man handed him a letter. "We'll be waiting, by the portal." The man said and he left.

"Who was it Louis?" I asked. "It's the messenger." He said. Then Louis opened the letter. Louis suddenly looked sad and I asked him. "What is it?"

"There is a war back in Reichdole and they need me." Louis said in a sad tone then he hugged me. Then Louise started to cry. Louis smiled and picked her up from the crib and carried her in his arms. "Don't cry Louise." He said and he kissed Louise on the forehead. "Just make sure you'll come back." I said and I kissed him on the lips.

A few days after Louis left, a man came with a letter. "My condolences, ma'am." The man bowed and left. I cried as I read the letter. I covered my mouth with my hand and closed my eyes. I went back inside the house and carried Louise in my arms. "We'll be okay Louise." Then I hugged her.

"Is that why you won't tell me where dad is or who he is? You even hided your past. Why?" Louise asked me. "I didn't want you to know about this because I want you to live a normal life." I answered and I sat beside Louise on her bed and held her hand. "Then do you mind explaining why this vampire is here and who is he?" I asked. She told me everything and I was shocked by what I heard. "So there is a man who wants you dead? I never should have let you go to the amusement park." I said as I place my hand on my face. "The man who wants to kill you is a noble even Robert can't protect you."

"Don't worry ma'am Sharon. Master Alfred and I will protect Mistress Louise." Robert said and he bowed to me. "Master Alfred? You mean the noble?" I asked. "Yes ma'am. So if its okay can mistress Louise continue her studies?" Robert asked with a smile. I fell silent for a moment and answered. "Just make sure you keep her safe." Then Robert bowed again. "Thank you ma'am."

"Okay. You can sleep on the floor." Then I took a futon and handed it to him.

*next day*

"Mom I'm leaving now." Louise said as she wore her shoes. "Ma'am Sharon we're going to school now." Robert said as he took his bag. "Be careful." I said as I watched them leave.

Louise went to school with Robert leaving Sharon in their house. The bell rang and Louise went to their classes. Meanwhile...

"Who is there?!" I said as I took the knife. "Ah. Miss Sharon after all these years you are still sharp." The vampire said as he came out from behind the wall. "Zero.." I whispered his name and tightened my grip to the knife. "There is no need for you to hide your powers so lose the knife." I let go of the knife and attacked him with my powers. He blocked my attack by making a force field in front of him. "What's wrong Miss Sharon? Are you getting old?" Then he ran towards me and bit my neck. "Aah!" I screamed and pushed him away. I touched the bite and attacked him again, this time it hit him. He touched his wound on his chest that immediately healed then he went in front of me and impaled his nails on my chest and it hit my heart. "Good bye miss Sharon. I had fun playing with you." Then he removed his nails from me. I fell on the ground and my wound kept bleeding.

(No. I can't die. Not like this. Not without seeing Louise. Louise..) Then my eyes slowly closed and everything became black.

"Well maybe she'll pick up the message." Zero said as he placed a small piece of paper on the table and he left.

Louise's POV

"Mom we're back and Alfred is here with us." I said as I opened the door. I entered and saw that the house was a mess. "Mom?" I looked at the kitchen and saw her body lying on the ground. "Mom!" I ran towards her and held her in my arms as I cried. Alfred and Robert rushed inside when they heard me shout. "What happened?" Alfred asked me as he stepped closer. Robert saw a paper on the table and read it. "Master Alfred look at this." Robert handed the paper to Alfred and he read it out loud. "Miss Louise, here is a gift for you. Now go to Reichdole if you don't want any more gifts. From Zero." Alfred threw the paper. "Zero you bastard." Then he punched the wall. I kissed my mom's forehead and placed her on the ground. "He wants me to go to Reichdole. Then let's go to Reichdole."