Chapter 4 ❀︎ Lighting Storm

———————————————-

———————————————-

Hawaii, March 1961

  Elvis was back at his hotel room with no one there but himself. He sat there in a hot tub while cool air breezed on him. He could see the beautiful beach view right from his own window. But if he were to go upon that beach he would get mobbed by fans.

He longed to walk along a public beach with everyone else. What was that like? To buy what you wanted and not have someone go buy it for you? He was grateful for everything he had. But sometimes he figured he wouldn't mind if he didn't have it at all.

Everyone expected so much from him! Not a day went by that someone didn't need him. What about what he needed? Did that even matter to them at all. Back when such thoughts ran in his mind he could go call his momma.

He missed her smile. Hearing her voice. Yesterday, the only smile that made him feel that happy again was Trixie's smile. Something about her gained his focus.

Thunder boomed over head. He glanced over at the window to see storm clouds funnel and form there. The crowd of beach combers were racing back to their hotel rooms. To get out of the storm. Rain began to race on the side of his window.

He takes a sip of his drink. Music player to sooth him. He had on some jazz tunes. 1940's music. His mind was on the beautiful shy woman he met the other day.

Normally, women talked to him non stop. Telling him their life story because they wanted him to get to know her so quickly. But this woman wasn't really sharing all that much with him. Maybe Hal could find out more for him. He had ways to do so. But he really wanted her to open up about herself to him.