Where ?

——— UNIT 5 : SOFTENING ———

Dim was fired the following night. No one questioned it , they were all happy that he was gone, he gave everyone the creeps.

Barcode could finally sleep in his room without being concerned about a guy trying to get in his pants.

The project he and Minnie were assigned to was taking off well. They had completed their part of the project and waited for the other managements to do their part. Till then they were getting swarmed by stuff to do.

It had become a common sight , to avoid being over worked they took turns taking all nighters. Today was Barcode's duty , it was close to 11 p.m. Barcode was focused on his work till he felt a pair of eyes on him.

Barcode stopped typing. He looked at the screen , the reflection of an individual was blurred.

A Deja Vu hit him.

"If you do stuff like that I would be convinced that you are stalking me ", Barcode said as he slowly turned around.

Jeff didn't bother hiding , standing there in front of Barcod madly in love but heartbroken at the same time.

"Can't you give me an answer soon ? I am dying here ", Jeff said in a whisper.

"There is too much to think about ", Barcode said as he looked at Jeff plainly.

"I don't want to think too much ", Barcode continued almost looking numb.

Jeff stiffened , something didn't seem to be right.

"Barcode , are you alright ?", Jeff asked.

"Yup , totally as long as I am away from the oven ", Barcode said.

"Oven?", Jeff said a bit confused.

"Well , ovens are hot and if you fall inside one then you can die and I am super clumsy so as long as I am away from one , I will be alright ", Barcode said quickly.

His voice was monotone and soft , but something about it sent Jeff to shiver.

He was about to say something when a certain memory recalled him.

they made a plan to kill me and my brother. My mother went after my brother and my father went after me.

Couldn't be. Jeff thought as he took a slow step towards Barcode.
Barcode sighed.

"Sorry please forget what I said , I have been out of it ", Barcode said.

"If it's bothering you so much , don't think about it. I really love you Barcode but , I won't be able to forgive myself if it's stressing you out", Jeff said.

Barcode looked at him. He was about to cry. To many things were happening , he couldn't push back the sight of his father trying to stuff him in an oven and burn him alive.

Jeff started to walk out when a hand grabbed onto him. Jeff turned to see Barcode looking exhausted and terrified.

"Please help me ", Barcode said as he fell to his feet , holding onto his heart. Jeff grabbed him immediately and hugged him tightly.

"It's alright , I am here for you ", Jeff said as he heard small sniffs.

.
.
.

     ♣️ PHASE 3 : THE  FALLOUT ♣️

"Asshole ", Phuwin said.

Dunk and Gemini had come to the house and as planned he took Dunk with him while leaving Gemini and Fourth to bond.

"Yours isn't any better ", Dunk said.

"I didn't say he was", Phuwin remarked.

"So what should we do ? I can't possibly go back ", Dunk said.

Phuwin looked outside the window , looking into the sky.

"Wanna try something crazy ?", Phuwin asked.

"I'm listening ", Dunk said.

"Let's catch a flight and go on a trip ", Phuwin said.

"Where ?",
There was no hesitation or contemplation in Dunk's voice.
He was doing it.

"Where better to go than the city of love. Let me see if any flights are available , let's go to the mall and get a suitcase and some clothes ", Phuwin said.

As Dunk shopped for stuff , Phuwin booked the earliest flight to Paris , which took off in about 3 hours. Dunk and Phuwin's dropped the car off at Dunk's apartment with Gemini and Fourth and then took a taxi to the airport.

"I can't believe I am going to Paris it has always been on my bucket list !", Phuwin said giggling as they walked towards the terminal.

Dunk couldn't help but smile. But at the same time a sad wave took over him. This man boy he knew for less than 2 weeks has made such a big difference in his life and he couldn't imagine what it would be like to live his life without him.

The flight announcement came as the duo boarded the flight. Dunk snapped a quick pick and posted it.

"Sir we are taking off , please put your phone on airplane mode ", One of the air hostesses said as Dunk follows her instruction.

Meanwhile , Joy sat distressed as Joong told her what had happened. She was trying to reason with Joong but he seemed too angry so she sat on the dining table and scrolled through her phone when she saw the post made by Dunk.

She tried calling Dunk but the phone didn't reach.

That's when she saw Joong hurriedly heading towards the door.

"He's fine ", Joy said.

Joong finally hit realisation , he had left Dunk alone in a rainstorm , he had to find him.

Joong turned to Joy as she glared at him. Usually she would take Joong's side as she had cared for him for 30 years now but this time, there was no excuse , if Dunk really was choosing someone else it was quite reasonable. Joong gave Dunk no reason to stay.

"How do you know ? Did he call you ? Where is he ? I'll get him home ", Joong said.

Joy turned her phone as Joong saw the post.

"It looks like an airport , seems like he has gone on a trip. No point calling , I already did , must have switched it off for a flight. We can only wait now , hopefully he calls back ", Joy said as she went to her room.

She was very upset with Joong and Joong was having a war of his own. He could see it in the photo , Dunk wasn't alone.

Without thinking twice he dialed a number, he felt he should have done this a long time ago.

The call rang a few times before it was picked.

? - Hello ? Who is this ?

Joong - Joong , you probably know me already , seeing our husband's relationship.

Pond - There won't be any relationship for long

Joong - Are you sure because I am sure they have gotten themselves a flight and flown off to I don't know where.

Pond - What ? No way. Must be your husband alone.

Joong - Are you aware where your husband is right now ? Can you get in contact with him ?

(Pond froze on the other side. He had tried calling Phuwin just a minute ago and his phone came switched off. Pond thought Phuwin was throwing tantrums and shrugged it off. )

Pond - Where are they ?

Joong - No idea , I saw my husband's IG post. He was in an airport , with someone. It didn't take a mastermind to guess who.

Pond - I'll search into this and let you know.

Joong - I'll be waiting.