July Newsletter #1

Dear readers, welcome to yet another captivating edition of our monthly newsletter. I, your humble herald, shall guide you through the events of the month and foreseeable future. So fasten your seatbelts as we embark on a journey through the platform.

The Wattys

The time for the grand event on this platform is coming our way this month. Many of you have been eagerly awaiting for the annual award (which it officially host by Wattpad). So start polishing your work as from July 15th, 2024 at 11:00:00 AM EDT submissions will officially open. You will have until August 6th, 2024 at 11:59:59 PM EDT to submit your work.

Some of you might be wondering what type of work is accepted this year. It is the same as the previous year, with completed and ongoing novels being accepted. Do remember that there are certain criteria that need to be met to qualify for the two different categories. Rules are slightly different from last year.

To find out about the criteria, you can read all about it in the official 'The 2024 Watty Awards' book: https://www.wattpad.com/story/368615432-the-2024-watty-awards

ELIGIBILITY

Eligibility is dependent on whether your story is Complete (a category for all languages), or Ongoing (a category for English submissions only).

Your story does not have to be written this year to be eligible.

COMPLETE STORIES

-First part of your story must have been posted on Wattpad on or after January 1, 2022.
-50,000 word minimum for English stories.
-40,000 word minimum for Spanish or Filipino stories.
-Story must be marked 'Complete' when submitted.
-Must be written in one of the eligible languages and categories.

ONGOING STORIES

-Story must have been posted on Wattpad on or before June 5, 2024.
-Story must have been updated 8 out of the past 10 weeks at the time of submission. Story updates are recognized as being 500+ words each. Posting at least once a week means from Monday to Sunday before 11:59PM UTC.
-Story must have received an update in at least 80% of the weeks between the date of submission and the date on which the Shortlisted Entries are announced.
-20,000 word minimum and must NOT be marked as 'Complete' when submitted.
-Must be written in English and in one of the eligible categories.

PRIZES

Curious about the nitty gritty of each of this year's Wattys prizes? Read on. The odds of winning prizes are dependent on the total number of entries.

WINNERS DETAILS
From the shortlist, approximately 10 total winners (the "Winners") will be chosen in Filipino and Spanish. In English, there will be approximately 20 total Winners; 10 for Complete Stories and 10 for Ongoing Stories.

There will be an approximate total of 40 Winners across all languages. Of the Winners, up to 2 in English (1 complete and 1 ongoing), up to 1 in Filipino, and up to one 1 in Spanish may be from an entry already participating in Wattpad's Originals. Wattpad reserves the right to select fewer than 40 Winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries.

GRAND PRIZE

There will be 1 Grand Prize Winner each in Filipino and Spanish, and 2 Grand Prize Winners in English; 1 in Complete, and 1 in Ongoing, chosen out of the pool of 40 Winners. The Grand Prize Winners represent the best stories submitted to The 2024 Wattys and will have achieved distinction in at least three of the four special prize categories.

The Grand Prize Winners will also receive a cash prize of $5,000 USD.

Coming Up

If the Wattys is not for you then you can check out the Ambys.

The Amby Awards 2024 will open from 1 August 2024. @TheAmbys will share everything that you need to know in the last week of June.