Chapter 1 Thornea and The Arrow

It was a few after we defeated the Telmarines. Ruth, Lucy, and Leona had gone riding with Trumpkin. The rest of us were outside in the garden of the castle.
"You don't have much of a selection of books," I commented from my place on the apple tree, biting an apple while reading the book I had written years ago.
Caspian looked up at me, "Is that why you're reading your own book?"
"No, I just like to read my own work," I shook my head.
"As you always do," Peter remarked, "When you're editing your story, the book's published Verity!" My brother told me frustrated.
I shot a glare down at my brother, "I'm looking at my progress, Pete!"
"We don't have to talk all about Verity's progress do we?" Groaned Edmund.
"Well, then let's talk about your progress, Ed," Susan said.
"What did he do during the Golden Age," I mused.
"Well, I became a king," he stated.
"We all did," Peter rolled his eyes.
"I was the one in charge of the trials, remember, which got me thinking, one day I'll become a lawyer," he explained, leaning against the tree.
"Edmund, a lawyer, now isn't that something new," Susan said, surprised.
"Oh, it doesn't surprise me," Peter replied, "You are called King Edmund the Just."
"Neither am I," I nodded, as I turned the page, "I forgot about Arch's dog."
"Arch?" Caspian was confused.
"An old hunter," Susan explained."Who was the best hunter in Narnia at the time or so they said."
"He was," I got down from the tree," He killed four of the five bar tigers. I killed the last one."
"Now, Verity," Peter warned, "Don't you remember what happened last week?"
"It's just a story, Pete, it's not like I'm boasting again. And I didn't boast last week." I protested.
Susan and Edmund rolled their eyes, and Caspian said, "I think you did boast more than anyone else last week."
"I might have, but I have so many flaws, and each of these stories cured me of one of my faults." I crossed my arms.
At that moment, I felt a sharp pain in my side. I looked down, and there was an arrow stuck in my side.
"Verity!" Susan cried.
I panicked, blood coated my blouse. Peter ran to my side, pulling out the arrow.
I caught a glimpse of someone in the woods, running away with a bow and arrow in their hands.
"Come back here!" I heard Edmund shout, "How dare you try to murder my sister!"
He and Caspian ran for the woods.
"Who would do such a thing," Susan gasped.
Peter didn't answer, "Can you stand?"
He asked, "Is the wound deep?"
My vision became foggy, and I finally collapsed on the ground, but Peter caught me.
"We need to get, Lucy!" I heard him tell Peter."I don't know if she'll make it." He put pressure on my wound.
Susan placed my head in her lap, as I moaned in pain.
"Verity, do you know anyone who would try to kill you?" She asked.
"I don't know. It was my pride, I boasted and now I'm dying. I'm going to die and all because of my stupid pride." I answered.
"You won't die," Peter replied, "You'll live." He lifted me into his arms."I promise."
He carried me to my room, "Get Alvaro, quickly!"
"He's at the sick bay," Susan said.
"He can leave the sick bay for a little while, our sister is dying!" He yelled."And send someone to get Lucy!"
Susan left immediately; Peter sat down beside me, still putting pressure on my wound.
"What if the arrow was poison?" I asked.
"It wasn't," he told me.
"I can barely breathe," I sighed.
"Don't talk," he brushed my hair out of my face, "You're safe, it will be fine."

Edmund and Caspian ran after the person who they had seen in the woods.
"Stop!" Caspian yelled.
The person turned around and Edmund tackled him to the ground.
"Get off me, you stupid pig!" Came a cry.
A small fist hit him in the chin and the eye and the chin again.
"You got him?" Caspian asked.
Edmund looked down at his captive. He looked straight into Verity's face.
"Verity, how on earth?" He was confused.
The girl was just as confused, "Whose Verity, now get off me." She had a chance to hit him in the other eye.
"Ow!" He let go of the girl. She got up again but was caught by Caspian. Then Edmund realized that the girl's hair was cut like a boy's. She had a bow and arrow, her quiver holding arrows like the one that had hurt Verity. He clenched his fists in anger.
"Let me go, you horrible, evil, stupid, pig!" She shouted, but Caspian had an iron grip on her.
"Well, if it isn't Thornea, daughter of the deceased Lord Everos."