🌙Making an atmosphere

'Hey, you're going home?' The curly-haired boy approached me again.

'Hi, and yes'

'Do you want to go to a café with me?'

'Emm, yes?'

'Great! That place is the best' He took my arm and we walked together holding each other's arms. It was so friendly gesture. I didn't expect him to do something like that. Like, wasn't he ashamed to do random things like that with basically a stranger?

'How was your day at school?'

'Good'

'Nice! Mine was terrible. My art teacher shouted at me in front of the whole class because I used the wrong color palette'

'Oh, that's harsh. Can she do that?' I wanted to interact somehow.

'That was awful, but she's a good teacher. I respect her, she knows what she's doing. But on the other hand, I was almost crying. We're here'

We walked inside the sweet and cozy café. The seats looked extra comfortable and the furniture was old-fashioned but in a good way.

'It's beautiful. This style suits you'

'Right? I want my future house to look like that'

We sat and looked at the menu.

'What are you ordering?'

'Hot cappuccino. I'm freezing' I answered.

'Right, I hate winter'

'I love winter, but in January it's tiring'

'I still prefer rainy October days' She made a dreamy expression.

'Sitting under a blanket and hot chocolate is a mood'

'With a good book, of course. I don't recommend trying with a sketchbook. Mental breakdown guaranteed' I giggled and he smiled.

The waitress walked to us and asked what we wanted. We ordered our hot drinks and cakes.

'You don't like espresso?'

'I do, but do you know me? I would jump everywhere and have too much energy'

'Fair point. I need more energy'

'But we both agree that cheesecake is the best cake'

'Yes'

'I remember when I was a kid my grandmother made a wonderful cheesecake. She can't do it for a few years because she can't walk anymore'

'That's sad, I'm sorry'

'You don't have to. I think that's why I always carry a camera around. I want to keep these memories, of my youth. Not forget about things. I'm not repeating my parents' mistakes. I should show you my photos some day'

'Yeah, you should'

'But you know? I'm always the one who's making a photo. I'm rarely on it'

'Do you have your camera now?'

'Of course'

'Give it to me' I took the device he gave me 'Cheese' He smiled widely looking at me. I turned the camera around and took a photo of us.

'Take two. It's a Polaroid as you can see, if we both want a photo you'll have to make two'

I did as he said.

'That's for you' he gave me it.

The waitress brought our food. It looked delicious.

'We should take a photo with them. They're pretty'

'But quick, I'm hungry!' The boy smiled again.

Walking back home I was thinking. Is that a normal teenage life? Are memories like that possible? What was exactly nice at that moment?

I didn't know how to answer these questions. There were too many, things that were too new for me. Meeting new people, hanging out with them.

I didn't know what to think.

The only thing I knew was that after that day I hung that photo of us on my wall with a warm feeling inside.

Hi!

How are you?

I have so much to do to school. This Thursday we have European Day of Languages and my class got Nepal. I was hoping to get Korea, so I could make a presentation about kpop but not this year. I don't know much about Nepal and their culture but I'll try my best to get to know it

I talked with my cousin who has wedding next year and she agreed to do a kpop hour. It will be hard to make an hour playlist with kpop essentials but I'm so happy and excited

Have a nice day

Morpho