CHAPTER I

In a certain place in space, there are two individuals with human characteristics. This place could be considered a bar, and both subjects are seated at a table in the left corner of the establishment. Neither of them has said a single word. On their table, there's a drink that appears to be alcoholic. The man sitting on the left is approximately 1.75 meters tall, white, with light brown eyes, a round or perhaps flat face, a slightly pointed nose, and black hair. He appears to be around 20 or 21 years old. Meanwhile, the man on the right is almost the same size, with dark brown hair, brown eyes, a slightly pointed nose, and a round face. Suddenly, the man on the right starts the conversation.

"So, tell me, how can I help you?"

"I've heard you're a human, and as you can see, I am too."

"Really?" The man on the left laughs sarcastically. "I'll ask you again, how I can help you?" he asks impatiently.

"I want to find a way to recover my planet and the humans," said the man on the right confidently. "We are from Earth."

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but I'm not a human."

"Wait, what do you mean?" asked the man, very confused.

With a broken voice, the man on the left says, "I am an android. I have human traits because I am a replica of one who was brought from Earth 50 years ago. Unfortunately, he died 5 years ago, of natural causes."

"By the way, we haven't introduced ourselves. My name is Ronald, it was the name of the human," he said nostalgically. "And what's your name?"

"My name is Rodrigo, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." They remain silent for a few seconds, when Rodrigo asks very curiously, "You said you want to recover your planet and the humans. Did something bad happen to Earth and humanity?"

"Something very serious, actually," replied Ronald melancholically.

"Can you tell me everything that happened?"

"Sure," answered Ronald. "But how about we order something to eat? I'm starving."

"Of course," replied Rodrigo cheerfully.

They call the waiter to ask what's on the menu and what the day's special is. However, they will have to wait a while since the chef had fainted from exhaustion, and the one for the next shift would arrive in half an hour.

"It seems we'll have to wait. How about you start with the story?" said Rodrigo.

"Well, it's a bit long, but here we go."

"I love long stories; they always have so much to show and are more entertaining. Don't leave out any details. I want you to tell me everything you saw and what happened during all of it," said Rodrigo excitedly.

"Sure," replied Ronald, laughing. "But I warn you, there will be very sad parts."

"Go ahead."

"Alright. It all began in August 2022, well, for me in Colombia, in a capital city, where I lived in a boarding house. I was finishing my degree, studying Foreign Languages," Ronald said, sad to remember that. "Anyway, it was Tuesday, and the day started normally. I woke up looking dead, as if I hadn't slept...

(Tuesday, August 30, 2022, Colombia.)

I was in my bed, quite relaxed, in a somewhat strange and disturbing dream. I was fighting sharks with swords, very strange indeed, but not so much for a dream. After a moment, I woke up feeling tired and couldn't finish the dream. We were about to win, but as they say, all good things must come to an end. After accepting that the dream was over, I opened my eyes, took my phone, and checked my notifications, including two from Twitch, one from WhatsApp, and a few from YouTube.