CHAPTER II

Ronald waited for his coffee, taking in the lively atmosphere of the bar. It felt oddly familiar, like a scene from Earth. Laughter, chatter, and clinking glasses filled the air, evoking a sense of nostalgia in him. He missed his life back on Earth—his family, his friends, the simple joys of being with loved ones. It all seemed so distant now, just memories.

He felt self-conscious, as if everyone around him was scrutinizing him as a peculiar curiosity. The coffee finally arrived, and he and Rodrigo both thanked the waiter.

"So, to recap, we're talking about the military conflict?" Rodrigo asked, sipping his coffee.

"Actually, just a declaration of war at this point. Not everyone was on board with it yet," Ronald clarified.

"Got it. So, tell me more about what happened next, both in the world and in your personal life. I'm curious about your experiences and how you managed to get through it," Rodrigo said, leaning in with interest.

"Alright, I was just about to get to the mall part," Ronald began...

(Day one after the declaration of war)

"It's way too sunny outside; I think I'm going to melt," Luis complained. He was a fun-loving guy, about my height, with brown eyes, dark skin, and brown hair. He had a slightly chubby nose and was incredibly easy to befriend.

"!!I can't stand this hell anymore, for God's sake!!" Luis continued, his frustration palpable.

"Stop the drama; it's not that bad," Marcos interjected. Marcos was a serious individual but could be quite humorous at times. He was of similar height to Luis, with dark skin, black hair, and brown eyes. His nose was thin but not overly so.

"Shut up, no one asked for your input," Luis snapped.

"How lazy," Mia said, stepping in. Mia was my cousin, tall for our family, with light brown hair and eyes, and white skin. She had a slender, slightly long nose and was very considerate and smiley.

"Look at your cousin Ronald, do something, tell her to respect her elders," Luis demanded.

"What do you want me to do? She can do whatever she wants as long as it's not harmful," I replied.

"Can't believe it! You're all against me," Luis said, clutching his sweater with a pained expression.

"Stop with the drama; everyone is staring," Rosa said. Rosa was of average height, cheerful, and kind-hearted. She had long black hair, a fine nose, brown eyes, and white skin.

"Never!" Luis retorted, only to be pushed to the ground. "Who did that?"

"We were instructed to," María and José said in unison. María and José were the youngest members of our group, both in the same semester and major. María had curly black hair, dark skin, and a fine nose. She was friendly but quiet. José was initially reserved but grew more confident over time. He had dark skin, brown eyes, and a small, chubby nose.

"Well, now we can go," Rosa said.

"Yes, let's go," said Miguel. Miguel was of average height, the same as me, with dark brown or black hair, light brown eyes, and a thin, fine nose. He was fun and trustworthy.

"Let's see what we'll do," Miguel continued.

We headed to the mall's supermarket, engaging in our usual activity—browsing. If you're wondering what browsing is, it's looking at items on the shelves without buying anything because, well, we were broke. It was our little hobby. After that, we moved to a bookstore and did the same.

"I wish I could buy these books," José said. "If only money would rain down, I'd be out collecting it in bags."

"I get it," Rosa said sympathetically.