CHAPTER VII

Everything had gone silent at the table; it was clear that no one had the words to react to what they had just heard. They remained in silence for a few minutes until Rodrigo spoke.

"You were close to death," he said, laughing a bit to lighten the mood.

"Actually, it wasn't the last time," Ronald replied, taking a sip of water.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that experience," Maia said.

"Don't worry, in the end, I didn't die," Ronald replied, laughing, and everyone joined in.

"It's good to take it with humor," Tiamis said. "That way it hurts less," she added.

"Exactly," Ronald said. "Hey, I don't know about you guys, but I'm feeling tired. I think I should go to sleep."

"You can't; we need to know what happens next," Maia said impatiently.

"It's just that I don't think I can keep talking with this fatigue," he commented.

"Well, we have a solution for that," Tiamis said, smiling.

"Really?" Maia and Ronald asked at the same time.

"Remember, Maia, we have a machine for this, or don't you remember?" Tiamis said.

"Actually, I don't," Maia replied, very confused.

"Wow, and I thought you were just nosy, but you're also forgetful and clueless," Rodrigo commented, laughing. "From now on, you'll also be known as Miss Forgetful and Clueless," he added, laughing even more.

"Well, Mr. Know-It-All, why don't you enlighten me?" Maia said, annoyed. "Though I think you don't know either."

"Of course I know," Rodrigo replied with egotism.

"Here we go again," Ronald said, lowering his head and yawning.

"Look, Ronald, the machine I'm talking about was created a long time ago, mainly during the war you already know about," Tiamis said. "It's called B12. It was used so that warriors would be ready in case any battle broke out while they were tired."

"I see, thanks for the explanation," Ronald added, smiling.

"You're welcome," Tiamis replied, returning the smile.

"I remember now," Maia said. "It's the one your boss has in the storage, right?"

"Exactly," Tiamis replied.

"It took you a while," Rodrigo said, laughing.

"Just be quiet," she said, her face turning red with embarrassment.

"It's better if we use it quickly," Ronald commented. "I feel like I'm going to fall asleep any moment."

"Come on, let's go to the storage. We'll use it there," Tiamis added, smiling.

"Let's go," Maia said, smiling at Ronald, who was now closing his eyes.

"He's fallen asleep," Rodrigo said.

"Not yet," Ronald replied.

"It's better if we hurry," Rodrigo added.

With that, they all headed to the boss's office, where they were granted permission to use the machine. When they arrived, they turned on the lights, and Ronald, with his eyes half-open, was able to see the many items there. A wide variety of trophies, medals, bottles, weapons, and other artifacts. They entered the storage, and Rodrigo sat Ronald in one of the chairs there. While the others searched for the machine, they decided to talk to Ronald so he wouldn't fall asleep.