Letting Be {Newt}

The Glade was abuzz with its usual energy. The routine of daily life was in full swing—repairs, harvesting, and the constant vigilance of those who dared to explore the maze. Among the bustling activities and the friendly banter, there was one person who often moved quietly in the background: Y/N.

Y/N was known for her reserved nature. She rarely spoke, and when she did, it was usually in a quiet, thoughtful tone. 

Her demeanor was often misinterpreted as aloofness, but those who looked closer could see the depth behind her eyes. Her most frequent companion was Minho, with whom she shared a deep, unspoken bond. 

Minho respected her space, knowing that she communicated her thoughts and feelings in her own way.

For Newt, the new arrival in the Glade, Y/N was a captivating mystery. He had watched her from a distance since her arrival, noting her gentle yet resilient spirit. Unlike the others, he didn't see her reticence as a flaw but as a shield she used to protect her more vulnerable side. Newt admired her strength and found himself wanting to know her better, though he was careful not to intrude on her quiet world.

One evening, Newt found himself sitting by the edge of the deadhead, lost in thought. He heard the soft rustling of grass behind him and turned to see Y/N approaching with her usual quiet grace. She was carrying a small basket, presumably filled with supplies or perhaps something she had gathered.

"Evening, Y/N," Newt said with a warm smile. "Mind if I join you for a moment?"

Y/N hesitated for a fraction of a second before nodding. "Sure, Newt."

They sat together in companionable silence, the tranquility of the moment punctuated only by the distant sounds of the Glade. Newt decided to take a chance and engage her in conversation.

"I've noticed you've been spending a lot of time out here," Newt said, gesturing to the expanse of grass. "Do you come here to get away from everything?"

Y/N looked at him, her gaze thoughtful. "Sometimes. It's quieter here. Easier to think."

Newt nodded, his curiosity piqued. "I get that. Sometimes, I come out here to clear my head too. Feels like the maze is always trying to close in on us."

Y/N smiled faintly, the expression softening her features. "Yes, it does. But there's something calming about the silence, don't you think?"

Newt agreed, appreciating the rare moment of openness from Y/N. "Definitely."
As the weeks went by, Newt and Y/N's interactions became more frequent. They found themselves gravitating toward each other, sharing brief conversations and quiet moments. Newt respected Y/N's need for space, but he also made sure to be present in her life.

One day, as they were walking through the fields together, Y/N paused and looked at Newt with an unusual seriousness. "You're different from the others."

Newt raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Different how?"

"You're not pushy," Y/N said softly. "You don't try to force yourself into my world. You just... let me be."

Newt smiled, touched by her words. "I figured that if you wanted to open up, you would. I didn't want to intrude."

Y/N's gaze met his, and she seemed to consider her next words carefully. "Thank you for that. It means more than you know."

Their bond deepened with each passing day. They began to understand each other's unspoken language, finding comfort in their growing connection. Newt's presence became a source of strength for Y/N, and she found herself opening up in ways she had never expected.
One evening, as the sun began to set and the sky was painted with hues of orange and pink, Newt and Y/N sat by the bonfire, watching the flames dance. The warmth of the fire was a contrast to the cool evening air, and the atmosphere was relaxed.

Newt turned to Y/N, his expression serious. "There's something I've been meaning to tell you."

Y/N looked at him, her heart racing slightly. "What is it?"

Newt took a deep breath. "I've really come to care about you, Y/N. I admire your strength and your quiet grace. I know you keep to yourself, but I've grown to respect and care for you more than I ever thought I would."

Y/N's eyes widened in surprise. "Newt, I..."

Before she could finish her thought, Newt reached out and took her hand gently. "I don't expect anything in return. I just wanted you to know how much you mean to me."

Y/N felt a warmth spread through her, both from the fire and from Newt's words. She looked down at their joined hands, feeling a sense of peace and contentment. "I've grown to care for you too, Newt. More than I ever thought possible."

Newt's eyes lit up with relief and happiness. "Really?"

Y/N nodded, her voice soft but sincere. "Yes, really. You've been a constant source of comfort for me, and I've come to appreciate you more than I can say."
As the days turned into weeks, Y/N and Newt's relationship blossomed. They continued to share moments of quiet reflection and deep conversation, their bond growing stronger with each passing day. The maze was still a daunting challenge, but facing it together made it a little less overwhelming.

One night, as they walked hand in hand through the fields, Newt looked at Y/N with a smile. "You know, I never thought I'd find someone who understood me the way you do."

Y/N squeezed his hand gently. "And I never thought I'd find someone who could break through 

my walls the way you have."

They stood together, the maze stretching out before them, but for the first time, it didn't seem so daunting. With Newt by her side, Y/N felt a sense of hope and possibility she hadn't felt before. 

They were navigating the maze of their hearts, finding their way together.

In the midst of the chaos and uncertainty of the Glade, Y/N and Newt discovered that love could be found in the most unexpected places. And as they faced the challenges ahead, they knew that they would do so with each other, their hearts intertwined in a journey of trust, understanding, and deep affection.

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

By the way if you're wondering why I've been publishing more then usual, I'm trying to get as much out as I can before school starts (on the 3rd... yay)!