I'm Your Rock, Baby

Addeline spiraled into a deep depression after the birth of their daughter. She retreated to the nursery and spent most nights there with the child, leaving Papa on his own.

"Amore!" The Cardinal called to his wife down the corridor. Her absence from his room was quite noticeable and the clergy was placing great pressure on him to try for a boy. He made his way to the nursery and pushed the door open slightly, "Amore?" he called out once more.

He could see his wife sitting in a rocking chair with their newborn daughter. The nanny was folding clothes on the opposite side of the room while the new mother soothed the infant. Addy seemed like a shell of the woman he once knew. She was tired, void of color and spoke in a low voice, "Hello Papa," she managed to say.

"Amore, I need you to come with me," he said. He looked towards the nanny and signaled for her to take the baby.

Seeing the nanny approaching quickly, Addy clung to her daughter tightly and yelped, "Why?"

Papa signaled to the nanny to continue in her task to remove the child from his wife, "Tesoro, I need to see you in my bedroom, darling."

Reluctantly, she let go of Elizabeth so the woman could take her into her care.

"That's it," Papa said, extending his arms out to his wife, "Come with me."

Addy took his hand and followed him into his bedroom. Wasting no time, Papa began undressing his wife, "What are you doing?" she inquired.

"We need to try for a boy, my love," he explained as he continued removing her clothes, "There is no time to waste."

She crossed her arms, hiding her bare breasts as Papa began working on taking his own clothes off. She looked around dazed, confused and completely absentminded in that moment.

Once naked, the man lied Addy down on her back very gently and proceeded to climb on top of her. The woman, still feeling the effects from being cut and stitched down below was quite hesitant to let Papa make love to her.

"Papa, I don't think we should," she whimpered, "I'm not healed."

"I will be so gentle, dearest Addeline. I promise."

The woman lay there waiting for the inevitable. She grew nervous as she sensed the presence of the Cardinal inching closer and closer to her entrance. She closed her eyes tightly and tried to welcome the feeling of his tip pushing lightly at the stitches that held her together. There was a small pressure proceeded by a burning snap, "Oww!" she cried.

Initially ignoring her cries, the Cardinal pushed in and pulled out as gently as he ever had before. It was slow and steady but even still the pain was unbearable for his wife. He saw a tear escape her eye and he could feel her body recoil in pain.

"Addeline? Are you alright?"

"I can't do this, Papa. It hurts too badly."

"My love, I think I can be quick," he reasoned, "Why don't you grip to my back and try to bare it a bit longer."

She nodded her head, knowing she had no choice. She understood the burden placed on him by members of the ministry. However, the small cries and wet tears that escaped her forced her husband to stop abruptly, "You know what? It is okay, my sweet. We don't have to do this now."

The girl wiped her tears away and nodded in relief, "Thank you."

"I'm just going to pull out. It might hurt a bit."

Addeline looked down and watched as Papa slowly pulled out of her. There was a bit of blood on him and on the sheets as well. The friction from Papa's thrusting had broken one of Addy's stitches.