Chapter 4: Nicknames

Note: I don't own Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir. All I own is Y/N.

Y/N stands for your name.

Y/N/N stands for your nickname

F/N stands for your first name

L/N stands for your last name.

"Now class, get out your history book. Y/N/N, you can look at Adrien's. I will get your books tomorrow. Just make do, today." Ms. Bustier stated as she was getting ready to delve into today's lesson. She went behind her desk to get the textbook that contained hundreds of years of history in France.

Y/N/N nodded as she looked at the book Ms. Bustier was getting out. The textbook must be at least 600 pages long. Hopefully, the class is halfway finished. Therefore, she had less work to do. Fingers-cross!

Shaking her head in disbelief, she turned to Blondie.

"Hi. I'm Adrien." Adrien whispered as he shook Y/N/N's hand. Y/N/N took the time to study the boy. Blond hair and green eyes. I swear does everyone here in Paris looks like a model.

In the beginning, she would describe that at least 90 percent of the class described as beautiful and handsome. She would probably be an outlier. But then again, she never put the time of day in making herself presently nice. It could be that she had no one to look forward to.

Therefore, perhaps that was the reason, she came in with messy bangs that cover her eyes. She also decided to wear that shirt because she knew many people will worry about where she came from and what had she done. She was creating walls to separate herself from others.

Y/N/N gave him a small nod. "Yeah, I know Blondie."

"Blondie?" Adrien questioned as he arched his eyebrow. He never heard of that one.

Y/N/N smirked. "Yep. That's your nickname. Don't worry. You're not the only one. The other blonde is called Goldilocks. Nathaniel is Tomato." Y/N/N gave a small direction toward the boy Nathaniel who was busier in his drawing than getting on the right page. Y/N/N also pointed toward Chloe who was busy staring at herself in her pocket mirror and adding eyeliner.

Adrien smiled-looking amused. "Well. Then, I guess I should return your favor." He decided to let out his inner chat noir.

Y/N/N let out a giggle. Y/N/N stopped short. She had not giggled for quite a while. It has been a long time. Whatever. "Don't need to. Already got one. It is Y/N/N." Y/N/N quickly responded.

"Oh. Then, what's your name?" Y/N/N tensed when she heard Adrien's question.

"Y/N/N. Didn't you hear me stating my name and the teacher introducing the new student or did you just blanked out," Y/N/N asked-hoping that the boy would drop the subject.

"No. I heard." Adrien laugh. He found the girl amusing and a breath of fresh air.

"I was wondering what Y/N/N stood for," Adrien kindly smiled. This was the first time that he found out that the initials can be a person's nickname. He thought it was so cool, and he was curious about what could those letters stand for.

However, he was met with an unexpected reaction.

Y/N/N glared back. "None of your business." She turned away from him.

Adrien stopped and realized that it must be a sore topic. "That's okay. Here let me share the book." Y/N/N nodded-still feeling tense as the teacher regained the class's attention for the history lecture.

While the teacher was talking, she felt someone staring intently at her from behind. She didn't like this feeling one bit. In the juvenile hall, people were watching her and others to ensure that no violence or illegal activities happening.

She thought that one of the perks in being here would that she would be done with people watching her or studying her. She clenched her fists-holding onto her anger.

Then, she turned her head as she saw two girls looking down at her.

One of them had blue hair, and it was tied in two ponytails. The other one wore glasses, and the ends of her hair were dyed orange. They were watching intently and whispering about her for a couple of minutes.

One of the things that Y/N/N hated was people talking about her behind her back. If they had something to discuss with her, then say it upfront.

She let out a scowl and turned her seat rather loudly. "What the hell are you looking at!" Alya and Marinette stopped, and their eyes widened. They didn't know they were caught by the new girl.

The whole class stopped and stared.

The teacher frowned. "Ms. Johnson, language."

"It's the English language." Bit*h. Y/N/N thought. She clenched her fists. She was always the one being picked on or stared at. She always got the short end of the stick.

"Alya and Marinette. Please pay attention to the lesson. It is not nice to stare at your new peers." Alya and Marinette's faces turned red as the class looked at them. Marinette wanted to bury herself six feet underground.

Y/N/N's eyes shifted up. No one has ever stood up for her. Hmm. Maybe my teacher isn't such a bit*h.