1

At the hour of You, at the foot of Zangjing Mountain.

It was almost dark. Ling Que'er stretched her neck and looked at the endless queue of people in front of the mountain gate. She sighed and wondered when it would be her turn.

Today is the Immortal Sect General Election held every ten years. There are people coming to each Immortal Sect because of their fame. Among them are young masters and young ladies from immortal cultivation families, but most of them are ordinary people who come from ordinary families and want to try their luck.

Ling Que'er, like these people, was wearing inconspicuous coarse linen clothes. Those who were wealthier asked servants to hold umbrellas for them while they sat on small stools, bored.

Compared with these people, those who come from immortal cultivation families are much more comfortable.

Different from these mortals who came out to try their luck, they had already tested their spiritual roots at home, and a large number of them had even established their foundation or even formed their elixir.

These people were all dressed in fancy clothes. The most conspicuous one among them stood on a cloud boat with his arms folded, attracting countless people's attention.

Ordinary people only thought that the fabric of his clothes was beautiful because of its luster, but Ling Que'er recognized that it was a piece of glazed brocade that was worth a fortune and had the effect of protecting the body and strengthening the soul.

Moreover, the pattern on the cloud boat is exactly the family emblem of the Yun family of Chazhou.

Chazhou Yunshi...

Ling Que'er shuddered all over and suddenly remembered that his senior brother who had whipped him to death in his previous life was also from the Yun family of Chazhou.

One hundred and two whips, the whips used are specially used to punish cultivators with cultivation levels above the Golden Core stage.

He was only at the peak of the foundation building stage at that time and could not bear it at all. The cruel whip twisted the silver hook, and every whip would tear off his flesh.

Even after dozens of whips, he had already lost his breath, and his soul was floating in the air. He saw that the eldest brother's hand still did not stop whipping him.

He was whipped again and again until he was reduced to a pile of rotten flesh beyond all human form. None of the people watching the execution cried for him.

The soul cannot cry. He could only stare blankly at the senior brother who used to speak sweetly to him and now had a ferocious and satisfied expression. Before he died, he didn't know why the senior brother would falsely accuse him of seducing his own master.

It was already completely dark, and he was still immersed in the past when suddenly a quarrel was heard not far away.

It turned out that an unlucky guy accidentally stepped on the foot of a young master from an immortal sect. The young master looked down on these mortals and had been waiting impatiently for a long time, so he asked the guy to kneel down and lick his shoes clean.

The man who was embarrassed was not very old, only about fifteen or sixteen, his face flushed red: "How much are your shoes? I'll compensate you!"

Ling Que'er was not tall, so she had to tiptoe to look over other people's shoulders. She saw the young man sneer:

"Compensation? Not to mention whether you can afford it, but I'm afraid that your poor money will get dirty in the hands of my servants!"

Wow!