CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

CATO

"The following people were involved with the murder of Sandra DeMorris, the abduction of Draven Ventura, the abduction of Delancey Ventura, and the murder of Vendetta Ventura:

"Otto Frankson, Clarke DeMorris, Tomie Arden, Eustace Osmond, and Orlen Cuthbert.

"Otto Frankson's lifeless body is being charged with the first-degree murder of Sandra DeMorris, the abduction of Draven and Delancey Ventura, and the second-degree murder of Vendetta Ventura.

"Tomie Arden is being charged with assisting the abduction of Draven and Delancey Ventura as well as obstruction of justice.

"Clarke DeMorris, Orlen Cuthbert, and Eustace Osmond are being charged with obstruction of justice, although Eustace will be facing lesser charges.

"These people are deserving of every bit of hell that's headed in their direction. I feel no remorse for them.

"Enough words have been said about Frankson, and frankly I don't want to talk about him. His name leaves an awful taste in my mouth every time I regurgitate it. So I'll talk about former mayor Clarke DeMorris.

"My father and I share very similar feelings toward him. We're both unable to forgive him, we both can't respect him, and we both disgrace him. My message is directed toward him. I hope he can hear.

"You can't fathom how disappointed I am. How betrayed I feel. How honestly and wholeheartedly I hate you. You knew, you bastard, and you did nothing. Said nothing. Let him take my father. You could have saved my sister, even your daughter, but much as you did nothing for Sandra, you sat by and watched. You were so close to being killed by Lauralai and watched the bullet fly through the air like a tennis ball heading straight for my sister.

"Here's a thought: you could've thought about someone else for even a second and sacrificed yourself. It's not like you have much to live for anyways. You could've taken the bullet instead of my sister, and you would've survived with as much storage space that you have"

The crowd gasps and I laugh.

"It's not cruel: it's true and you all know it. None of you are allowed to persecute me, your sister isn't the dead one.

"I don't have much else to say. I want to curse and cry and scream, but I don't. I laugh and joke and feel nothing, for there's nothing for me to feel anymore. She's happier wherever she is, hopefully with my mom."