P R O L O G U E

Disclaimer :

This novel is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the characters, events, and incidents are either product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to an actual person, living or dead, or actual events are purely coincidental.

© All rights reserved 2024

If given a chance, would you choose to be reborn as another person. Or would you rather live your life again?

It is the only question I can answer without hesitating. I choose to be reborn as another person. And if you're curious why..? Because of this.

“This is the payment. You failed killing the heroin.” I looked up to him. I smiled weakly, of course I'll fail. I knew that from the start.

“Witness the happy ending. Your beloved is getting married to the heroin, while you are about to die. You are soon to be executed, and your soul shall be mine.”

I know. Even though I only wanted him. He's not my beloved though.

“Are you ready?” I didn't speak. I don't have the reason to do so.

‘You may now seal your love, with a kiss.’

I heard the priest. The people cheered when his highness and that.. girl kissed.

“You’re miserable. I pity your pride, young lady. Here you are, watching them get their happy ending. While stuck in a cold dungeon waiting for your death.”

Kailan ba titigil ito sa pagsasalita? Nakakarindi.

“Are you happy?”

Do I look happy? Of course, I am.

“Oh, you’ve got yourself a visitor.” I didn't look. Visitor my ass.

“My lady!” I still did not look. Why bother talking to her? “I brought your favorite plushie. I'll beg them to get you out of here‚ you do not deserve this.”

What is she talking about?

“Your servant is funny. She doesn’t even know you really deserve to be killed.”

I scoffed. “What are you doing here, Perie?”

“I am here to visit you, my lady.” Perie smiled like she used to do. What did I do to deserve her, really?

“You don’t need to call me, my lady. I am more lowly than a commoner.”

She looked shocked. “My lady! You shouldn’t say that! You are the lady of House Aurelithea.”

If I am really the lady of that household. Why am I stuck here, when they could’ve helped me?

“Stop joking, Perie.”

She just smiled at me. “I'll try my best to get you out of here. You do not deserve to be here.”

“I do. I tried to kill the crown princess.”

She stopped. “My lady.. no matter what your reasons are, I am always by your side.”

I smiled at her. “I don’t need you now, Perie. You are to do what you want in life, you are not serving me anymore.”

“I am to serve you every lifetime, my lady.”

The devil beside me laughed. “She surprised me, hmm.. very loyal.”

“Leave now, Perie. I am to be executed today.”

She shook her head, why does she look like she's about to cry?