Choose Me | 1

“Hm, you failed again.” I sighed. I am here again, at the supreme court.

“It is not my will to fail, you said I cannot change the things I did. It will always lead to my death.”

The reigning supreme god no.5, sighed. She's the goddess of life, prosperity, and peace.

“You should've been nice to that young lady. If you befriended her, you wouldn't die.” She said. I rolled my eyes, of course. As if its easy to befriend her, without the prince and duke, or even the fucking mage to kill me.

“Yeah right. Why won’t you just give my soul to the devil, I'm tired you know.”

She smiled. “I would, If I could.”

I laughed. “Who’s stopping you?”

“The highest reining supreme.” She smiled at me knowingly.

I shook my head. Sino ba ’yon? Panira nang buhay.

“Well, kindly tell her or him to let me die. I do not want to be reborn, plus lagi nalang sa dati kong katawan. Wala na bang iba d’yan?” She laughed.

“Oh yeah, I'll tell her.”

“Am I about to be reborn again? In that state again? Can’t you just move it a bit back, bakit laging sa oras na ie-engage ako?!”

“I don’t know. It's your own will.”

My own will? Tch.

“Well, goodluck. I wish you well, again.” I laughed.

She flicked her hands. And once again, I find myself drinking tea in my chamber.

‧₊˚🖇️✩ ₊˚

I took a sip on my tea. I looked outside.

“My lady, do you wish to go outside?” I looked over Perie, I'm here again.

I smiled. “Hm, I want to walk around the garden.”

Her smiled grew. “As you wish, my lady.” She helped me get dressed appropriately. I was only wearing a silk nightgown earlier.

“Perie. Do you think I'm ugly?” I suddenly remembered what that Duke had said to me.

“My lady?! Who dared to say such things-” I sighed.

“I am only asking you, no need to over act. Perie.”

“No, my lady. You are the most beautiful in the whole empire. The others may have bad-mouthed you, but no one dared to call you ugly.” I nodded. She's right, people always says the meanest things to me. But they never called me ugly. The first one to do so, is the.. Duke Mackerel.

“I see.”

“Did someone-” I laughed at Perie, she's still not done?

“No one. I am merely curious. I know that people in the society had bad-mouthed me. I'm just curious if someone had already questioned my looks.” I smiled at Perie.

It is true though. I'm curious.

“Are you sure I'm the most beautiful? Not the Lady of Household Mackerel?” I asked Perie.

“You are the most beautiful, my lady. Other noble ladies had questioned the looks of Lady Mackerel.” She answered me. I nodded.

“My lady, the roses had bloomed!” I looked at the roses, I smiled. Wow.

It's pretty. Luckily, this place did not disappoint me. This place is well maintained by the marquess, for my mother—the marchioness loved this place.