Choose Me | 3

“What should I do?” I’m drinking my tea again, this is what I normally do. As I haven’t met lady mackerel.

“My lady!” I looked over at Perie, she looks worried. Hm, why?

“Perie?”

She signaled the door. I nodded, and she opened it. Only to see the crown prince. What the heck?!

“Lady–oh, apologies.” Huh? He looked away.

“My lady! Apologies, Your Highness. I'll get milady ready.” The prince nodded. Anong nangyayari ba?

She closed the door again. What was that for?

“My lady! You are in your undergarments.” Perie panicked. I looked at my dress, oh yeah. I am wearing them.

I sighed. “What does he want?” I whispered.

“Let’s get you ready.” She helped me change my dress. What a tiring day.

After that she opened the door, and bowed her head.

I curtsy.

“Apologies, Your Highness. I did not intend to make you wait.” Tch, panira nang araw.

“Hm, I was just going to ask you for a walk. Lady Aurelithea.” Ah, that's all?

“Then shall we, Your Highness?”

We walked out. Perie did not follow as this man wanted for us to talk in private.

“What is it that you want to talk about, Your Highness?”

He looked at me intently. “I do not wish to marry you, Lady Aurelithea.”

I nodded. “Hm, likewise.”

“What?” He looked offended.

I sighed. “I have someone else in my heart, Your Highness.”

“But, I will marry you. For the sake of the empire, but you will also not get my attention. You are only to produce an heir for me. I shall take lady mackerel as my concubine.” He said. Wow, the audacity.

“Ah, of course. Is this what you want to talk about?”

He nodded. “Yes.”

“Then what is the benefit for me, Your Highness?” I smiled.

“You’ll get to be the empress.” He said, wow.. ’yon lang?

“Is that all, Your Highness?”

He looked confused. “What more do you want?”

“Do not tarnish my name, Your Highness. I want you to protect me at all cost.”

He sighed. “Of course. Is that all?”

“I will bring my own maids. And you will not associate with me unless you feel like making the heir. Also, If you feel disgusted. I won’t force you, I suggest you make an heir with lady mackerel. It will still be considered as the heir to the throne. Sleep with her, and make a baby boy.”

This disgusts me.

“I.. will take your suggestions by heart. You are correct, If she makes the first boy. That child will be considered as the heir.” He nodded, smiling. Tch.

“Anything else?”

Napaisip ako. Ah, divorce. “Divorce, Your Highness. I want a divorce before you announce the pregnancy of lady mackerel. That's all.”

He nodded. “Yes, a divorce.”

“Thank you for your time, Lady Aurelithea.” I nodded.

“I’ll get going first, Your Highness.”