5. Safe

Y'all this is another weird one. I have no idea why I included some of these details, but whatever.  You have been warned.

The next chapter is heavy af, so enjoy this little light chapter. Or don't, I can't tell you what to do.
*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Travis awakens from his slumber before his alarm. He looks down to see his peaceful girl still snuggling into his chest. She stayed in almost the same exact position all night.

His morning wood twitches uncomfortably in his shorts bringing it to his attention. It happens every morning; it certainly wouldn't stop happening when there's a beautiful woman in his bed. He looks down at the peaceful beauty snuggled into him. He'd hate to wake her up, but his problem is becoming painful, and he has to pee. Plus, with how emotional yesterday was, he doesn't want her to think that he's trying to imply something.

Travis attempts to get out of Taylor's hold as steadily as possible so that he doesn't wake her. Unfortunately, he is not a smooth getter-out-of-bedder.

Taylor stirs. She grabs his hand to keep him form leaving. "Don't go."

"I'll be right back, Princess. I have to use the bathroom," he tells her.

Taylor seems satisfied with that answer. She drops his hand before she grumbles something unintelligible and rolls over.

Travis smiles at her before making his way to the bathroom. He quickly takes care of both of his problems. He's trained himself over the past two decades to be quick when it's the first thing in the morning so that he can get on with his day.

Travis makes his way back to bed. He tucks himself back under the covers, and his gorgeous blonde turns around and her face finds its spot buried in his bare chest. Her eyes open and make contact with his.

"Good morning, Princess. Did you sleep well?"

"I slept great until my pillow decided to move," Taylor quibbles.

Travis chuckles lightly. "Someone's grumpy this morning."

"You kept me up till two a.m., and it's..." She pauses to look at the clock behind her. "Not even seven. I'm allowed to be grumpy."

"You're allowed to feel however you feel at any time of the day, Princess," he assures her.

Travis spots a familiar glint in Taylor's eyes as her lip finds home in between her teeth.

"You can ask, Princess," he tells her.

"It's not a question. Besides, it's weird." She shakes her head slightly.

"You can tell me, baby." He runs his hands through her disheveled hair. "I wanna know everything that goes through that beautiful brain of yours."

"It's just." Her gaze shifts from his eyes to where her thumb is rubbing against his chest. "I can't remember the last time I slept so well. I'm not sure I've ever slept this well in my whole life."

Travis places a kiss on Taylor's forehead. "Yeah?" He asks.

Taylor looks up at him as a silent tear cascades down her cheek. "Mhm," she nods.

"What's with the tears, Princess?" His thumb wipes her tear away.

"It's scary," she begins. "Hell, it's terrifying feeling this s-safe," her voice falters as tears fall more heavily from her eyes. "I've never felt this safe in someone's arms before. But it's not just a muscle thing. It's not just a physical safety thing. It's also a mental and emotional safety thing. Like I can say and do and be anything and not be judged." Tears continue to inundate her cheeks. "But it's not just not be judged either. I feel like I'm going to be treasured and appreciated because of these things, not in spite of."