A. Jumping Jacks

Okay, so, y'all are probably going to think that I'm a lil bit crazy when I tell you that I don't write this book in order. I often write chapters that take place months ahead of where the story currently is. So, um, I wrote this chapter before I even wrote the first chapter of this book. And as I have written and developed these characters, this chapter no longer fits in the story, but I still worked hard on it and think that you guys deserve to read it. It's not like completely done — it doesn't have the normal details that you guys are used to seeing in my writing— but it's still kinda cute and fun, and I think after chapter 6 that you guys deserve cute and fun.

There's a mild trigger warning for a discussion (pretty light in terms of emotionality, but not light in terms of what happened to her) about sexual assault/boundaries being broken/being abandoned in the middle of a BDSM scene.

So, anyways, this chapter takes place in like October/November of 2023.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

The alarm on Travis's phone starts blaring at precisely 8:30 AM. Travis groans, running his hand over his face to wake himself up before reaching over to turn the alarm off.

He leans down to press kisses onto the crown of Taylor's head, her face buried in his chest. "It's time to wake up, Princess," Travis says softly, his voice extra husky from just waking up.

"Ngh. No, Daddy. Five more minutes," Taylor groans, half asleep, before promptly falling back into sleep.

Travis freezes. He had guessed that Taylor probably had a Daddy Kink based on how she acted sometimes. The way she took commands well — especially in bed, the way she purred when he called her 'Princess', it all went into his theory, but she had never actually called him that, nonetheless in a non-sexual way.

Travis ends up giving her more than five more minutes -- mostly so he can consider how to go about this. He figures that if Taylor remembers what she said and is embarrassed or brings it up, that they would need to talk about it before brunch with their friends, but that if Taylor doesn't remember it (or at least doesn't bring it up), that he would wait until after brunch, so that they could enjoy it as much as possible and have more time to talk after.

After the decision is made, Travis realizes that he really does need to wake Taylor up to start their day. He rubs her back in circles gently causing her to stir.

"Good morning, Princess."

"G'morning," Taylor drawls sleepily.

"How'd you sleep, baby?" Travis asks.

"Mm. Pretty good." She yawns, reaching for her phone. "Shit. It's already 9, we gotta get moving."

They get out of bed and get ready to go to brunch.

After brunch with a few of their friends, they arrive back at Travis's house -- a place Taylor had recently started calling home in her mind. They enter the mud room through the garage, taking their shoes off before heading into the kitchen.

Taylor grabs his hand gently causing his attention to be directed to her. "Hey. What's going on with you?" She asks. "You were off the whole time -- especially in the car on the way home."

'It's time,' Travis thinks to himself. 'I've gotta do it. It's now or never.'

He leads her into the den before sitting on the couch and pulling her to sit on his lap facing him.

He takes a deep breath, inhaling her soft scent, playing with the rings on Taylor's fingers to distract himself from his heart pounding in his chest. "You, um," he starts. "You said something earlier when I was trying to wake you up."