Chapter 10: Some Things Do Change

Maia.

"The meeting will be dismissed" has been Airah and I's way of saying we missed each other a lot. There's something that bothers me though, I feel like I'm being followed... there's nothing to prove it, I just, I don't know it's the energy . It could be Rize, maybe he already knows about our affair.

"Do you think she'll like this, LotLot?"

"I told you not to call me that."

"Chill, anger. I just want to impress my wife."

"Not your wife."

"Okay, but she still comes home to me."

"Enjoy it while it lasts."

That bothered me.

I got up and shut the door in her face.

Quickly, easily, and with zero remorse.

Just like the click of a camera.

Airah.

The sound of a camera clicking.

Is it just me? Or does the atmosphere feel a bit.. eerie? I could just be forgetting to take my anxiety pills though, doctor Leonard told me it'd be best for me to take it often, but with everything going on in my life right now, please don't blame me entirely if I do forget.

All I care about is enjoying my date with Maia. Same time around the alleyway, 5:45 pm sharp.

It's 5:40, where is she?

Maia.

I don't even remember what happened before the blackout. All I could comprehend was the fact that my hunches were right. This creepy stalker tried to fight me and now I'm tied up in a place that doesn't feel familiar at all.

With the remaining strength I had, I looked up at the clock. Just how long has it been already?

5:41 pm. Airah and I were supposed to meet at exactly 5:45. Problem is, I don't even know if that day has ended already. It could be 5:45 pm the week after, the month, or even the year..

Fortunately, I was able to use my facial muscles to remove this goddamn blindfold .

I felt my heart stop.

"Star?"