𝟒.𝟎 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬

TW: small talk about miscarriage and blood

Taylor's Pov:

"Mommy, Mommy, Mom, Momma" The three year old little girl tugged at my pants.

"What baby, I'm very busy right now" I said, getting some food prepared for our get together later. Brittany and Patrick, the Kelce family, Blake and Ryan, and my family were all coming over later today for the fourth of July, so I was getting the house cleaned up and ready.

"But mommy" Amelia said, patting my leg. "I want some ice cream"

"Ask your daddy" I said, cutting up some fruit.

"But he's with brother" She sighed, "Please mommy"

I sighed and put the knife down, going over to the freezer to get the ice cream out. "Travis!" I yelled, going into the pantry to get some cones out.

"Yea?" He said, entering the kitchen with our 1 year old in his arms.

"Can you please give her what she wants" I said, pointing at the ice cream and going back to cut the fruit.

"Uh yea, hold on princess let me put brother down" He told Amelia, putting Archer on the ground in the living room.

He walked back and grabbed a spoon to serve Amelia.

"Did you make sure there wasn't anything in his reach" I asked, referring to the baby in the living room who often liked to put stuff in his mouth.

"Yea" Travis said, passing by me. "What are you doing?" He asked.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" I answered a little more harshly than I intended to. I had a horrible night last night with Archer because he wouldn't sleep so we were up most of the night with him, and I was stressed because so many people were coming over today so I had to prepare stuff and now I was taking out my anger at everyone.

"Sorry it's just a question" Travis said, scooping some ice cream out of the tub.

"Well you see what I'm doing yet you still ask" I was getting really frustrated at this point and my period was definitely not helping.

"Jeez sorry, can't ask a simple question?" He said, digging the hole deeper than it already was. Before I could answer him we heard a loud cry come from the living room.

"What did I fucking ask you?" I yelled at Travis, abandoning the kitchen to get Archer. He was lying flat against his back so I could only guess he fell trying to climb on the couch. I picked him up and rubbed his little head trying to soothe his cries.

"It's okay baby, you're okay" I said softly, rocking him. Travis entered a few seconds later and rubbed his little forehead. I ignored Travis, still a little pissed at him.

Once Archer's cries quiet downed, I passed him to Travis and went back to the kitchen.

"Why are you upset? We can't help a fall Taylor. It happens" Travis began and all I could do was roll my eyes. I don't know why but recently when I'm not feeling my best, he's the first person that I can't stand.

"Oops" I heard after the sound of glass breaking filled the room. I looked over to see Amelia by the shattered cookie jar, trying to grab a cookie in between the broken glass.

"Amelia no!" I yelled, which startled her and she backed away from where she was reaching. "You can cut yourself don't you know that?! What were you even doing?!" I scolded, once again leaving behind what I was doing and walking over to her. Travis placed Archer down, and ran to Amelia when she started crying. I hadn't meant to yell at her the way I did but this whole morning has just been horrible and I couldn't control my emotions anymore.