Last breath

He had always wanted to kiss those red lips. He had always wanted to be able to caress her warm body. See her brown eyes with that special shine. All her photos. Each and every one of them he had seen in his gallery he had wished he could see in person. Feel it.
    And now he couldn't.

    With his hand, his thumb still trembling, he passed over her lips, stained with blood. A nightmare. It had to be a nightmare. In the end she had gone to look for him, and as a consequence by wanting to get closer to him, she had taken away the only thing that mattered most to him in that world.

   “Ma-Macie?” he asked with a broken voice. “N-no… You… You don't…”

    All the agents were frozen watching the scene. That shouldn't have happened.

    His scream could even be heard by the surroundings. So heartbreaking that he felt a pain in his throat as he did so. But he didn't care.

    He approached her, crying.

   “Get away from her right now!” an agent shouted. “And put your hands up! Now!”

    Jake ignored him, managing to get his hands to the young woman's body. He needed to be able to feel her in his arms, just like she had dreamed of.

   “For the last time! Let her go!”

    No. He wasn't going to let her go. If he did, it would mean he had lost her forever.

   “I am sorry, angel,” he whispered close to her face, soaking in her blood as his tears fell down Macie's face, “I am so sorry, it should not have to end like this.”

   “We will repeat it for the last time! I left the corpse!”

    Corpse… That was the only thing for them. One more corpse.

    The young man looked at the agents through his bangs, a cold, dark gaze.
    Slowly, he released one of his hands from his beloved's body, putting it in his pants pocket. He could still do something. One last thing.
    He touched his phone and unlocked it.

   “Be careful! He carry a gun!”

    Jake smiled, almost with satisfaction. He had done it so many times in an emergency, he knew what he had to do.
    He quickly took out his phone by pressing the send button, but it caused something he had wanted.

    The first bullet went directly to the hand where he had the phone, which caused the young woman to let go due to the impact.
    He held back the cry of pain. They wouldn't see him complain. They were not going to give him that satisfaction of seeing him suffer from their bullets.
    Another bullet hit his chest, but not directly to the heart.

    He smiled.

    He smiled before falling to the ground and seeing Macie's blank stare.
    He brought his hand to the young woman’s face, with effort. He ran his bloody hand over her cheek. Without stopping smiling.
    It was all over now.

   “If heaven exists, wait for me, my angel, I am going to look for you.”

    And for the last time, he decided to give his first kiss to the person he loved the most before closing his eyes forever.