Chapter 1: Love Interest

Helping others is one of the things that I want to do. I've got a good job, got promoted, but eventually resigned to focus on my own real estate business. And now, I can say that I've got the peak so I think I must share it with others just like what my family did. You can see it as a tradition of our family.

"Sir, magsisimula na po."

"Let them wait." I jokingly answered as I looked at myself in the mirror. Perfect.

When Iwas satisfied with my look, I turned around and met a pair of dazzling eyes of a man. Meet Jamie, my personal assistant in business and in life. What does 'personal assistant in life mean'? Well, take a good guess.

"Christopher Delos Reyes." tawag niya habang papalapit sakin. Did he take it seriously? "You can't just tell the visitors to wait for you right?" he said as he held my butt and tightened it, making me close my eyes feeling his hands holding on it. Shit...

Did you guess it right? Yes, we're fucking buddies.

Jamie was one of the best coworkers I've met in our company, as in the BEST one. Ilang buwan nalang sana para ma-promote na siya but something unexpected happened. Right after the day I resigned, he followed me and resigned from the company.

He volunteered his self to become my personal assistant to help me run my company in return of becoming my fubu. And as a not-so-experienced human in the world of business, I accepted it.

Hitting two birds with one stone? No. Advantaging his feelings? No. Just business. We're just using each other.

Jamie is secretly a gay and his dream goal was to have a boyfriend. And he had one. 'Had'. Past. They broke up when he knew that his bf was cheating on him. And because of that heartbreak, he looked for a rebound.

Having that unreasonable reason, he resigned from the company to gaslight me. Kinonsensya niya ako't sinabing, "You must accept me, or else, I'll die in poverty." If he thought he succeeded in gaslighting me, poor him. 'Di ako patatangay sa kanya. I only accepted his proposal dahil may mapapala ako. Lumalapit na sakin ang palay, ba't 'di ko pa kukunin?

"You really like me touching you here, huh?" he seductively said while squeezing my butt cheek and kneaded it like a dough which made me go back to reality.

"Hands off. Let's go."

"Yes sir." he flinched as he answered and did what I commanded him to. He turned his professional mode on and led me out of the room. "Sir, narito na po tayo."

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Please all stand and let us welcome our dearest benefactor, Mr. Delos Reyes."

I walked forward and looked around the place. The people's heads turned on me, waiting for my entrance. May mga kabataan kasama ang kanilang mga magulang. Normal lang yan because this event's agenda is to officially welcome the new batch of scholars of our family. We wanted to support them and hopefully they would become our future employees in one of our businesses.

"Welcome to my humble abode. I'm glad to have you here." I said and looked at them. Nakapinta sa kanilang mga mukha ang kasiyahan.

"I'm afraid to say that I suck at speeches, so let's not make it long--" I stopped talking when I noticed someone giggled which made the others giggle too. Was that funny? It wasn't a joke though.

I only continued my speech when I heard no noise from the crowd. "Ehem... So I welcome you young ones as the new batch of scholars of the Delos Reyes family!"

The crowd happily clapped their hands in chorus except for that someone who giggled earlier. I gave the mic to the emcee and walked towards Jamie.

"What's the name of the guy?" I asked as I annoyingly looked on that someone who was silently listening to the emcee.