A Promise is Now Broken

Leo's POV:

As I began to rethink everything that happened, I knew for sure that yelling at my brothers was a big mistake. I honestly didn't know for sure why I was still out on the surface anyway, perhaps I just wanted some alone time to think about my mistakes or maybe I was hoping that (Y/n) would just magically come back to me.

Oh who was I thinking, (Y/n) would never come back, not after what I did. I broke a promise that we shared.

***Flashback***

I was holding (Y/n) in my arms as I was walking her home that night. Once I got to her place I looked back down to her. It appeared she was still asleep and so I decided to carefully carry her in while of course still safely in my hold.

I slipped carefully through her window, which was luckily for me opened just a crack by a book. It looked to be a book with an interesting cover, a chapter book if you will.

Leo: "I didn't know you liked to read."

I began to wonder why (Y/n) never told me or at least showed any sign of it, but perhaps she never brought a book to read at the lair because it was to loud or perhaps distracting.

I erased my thoughts for the moment and gently put (Y/n) on her bed. Of course me being the gentleman that I am, I tucked her in some soft covers that was already laid upon her bed. I was honestly jealous of her bed because she had such soft and comfy blankets. At this point I just couldn't keep my eyes off of her relaxed, sleepy face. My attention towards (Y/n) was soon taken away by a sudden sound I could hear from outside her window. I then thought it was probably best to leave now so I wouldn't get followed and so I wouldn't get more in trouble by Master Splinter and my brothers.

I began to walk towards the window of (Y/n)'s room but a sound of a tired yawn stopped me in my tracks. I turned around to see that (Y/n) was now a little awake.

(Y/n): "Leo?"

Leo: "Oh sorry (Y/n) did I wake you?"

(Y/n): "No you're fine. Where are you going?"

Leo: "I got to get back to the lair."

(Y/n): "Aww why don't you stay for a bit here."

Leo: "I..."

I paused for a second. I genuinely wasn't expecting (Y/n) to make an offer like that, but I knew I had to get back to my own home. I looked back at (Y/n) and she looked a little upset. I immediately walked back over to her and knelt down to her bed level. She gave me a sad face and held out a hand for a sense of touch. I held her in mine and gave her a soft smile to possibly cheer her up somehow.

Leo: "I would love to (Y/n), but I have to get back to my brothers and get ready for our night patrol."

(Y/n): "You guys are too sweet."

Leo: "Well you are sweeter."

(Y/n): "Aww thanks Leo, but really you guys are such heroes for saving the city almost everyday and you guys get hardly any credit for that. Not even the many other people of this city find it as good."

Leo: "Well we at least have you, Casey, and April to count on."

(Y/n): "That's not much Leo."

Leo: "I know but to me you are very much, if that makes any sense."

There was a second of silence.

(Y/n): "Leo can you make a promise to me?"

Leo: "Why of course."

(Y/n): "Do you promise me that if I ever become in great danger, that you will come to rescue me?"

Leo: "Of course I will, I promise."