Chapter 83: Whitebeards Stabbed?

As Luffy and I ran closer to where Ace was a ruckus was heard behind us. Luffy didn't pay any attention to it, but I looked over my shoulder out of curiosity and worry only to see multiple Bartholomew Kumas—or in the governments terms—Pacifistas. Rows upon rows were seen as they had just arrived on the battlefield with same guy we saw not too long ago: Sentomaru.

I looked at the array of manmade robots that looked exactly like the kind Warlord in disgust. They began attacking the whitebeard pirates along with their allies who's ships were lined up behind the Moby Dick as support and their pirates were scattered in the same area. I'm forced to turn my attention back forward when the brightness in front of us intensified and I see an all too familiar light based attack.

"Go back to the beginning!" Kizaru, the Admiral who would've killed us a few days ago if it hadn't been for Rayleigh, sent a kick to both of our stomachs making us fly backwards.

I skidded against the floor before coming to a stop. With the itching sensation stuck in my throat once again, I coughed up blood onto the ice next to me. I quickly grabbed my leg in pain at the sudden stinging as I clenched my jaw and grimaced while trying to breath through it. At the sight of a hand being offered towards me, I look up and see a familiar face smiling kindly at me.

Izo held one of his guns in his other hand as the other was holstered so that he could offer me a helping hand up. His eyes held an obvious hint of worry, but his kind smile distracted me from it as he spoke in an almost gentle tone, "You ready to get back up again?"

I looked down at my leg before glancing at the blood on the ice as it's crimson color mixed with the water. I pursed my lips and pushed the pain away, grabbing Izo's hand and mirroring his smile. Once I was standing up I could see the other commanders gathering around us as well, a grin on most of their faces and a smile on the rest.

"Ace's brother!" Izo called out to Luffy who was still on the floor from shock, "Are you out of energy already? You cant get blocked out by one guy."

With the commanders help it was a lot easier to advance. It seemed like nothing could stop us, but then the whole battlefield paused. A heavy feeling weighed down on my body and I could feel a shift in the war. I looked behind me to see what everyone else was staring at and there on the front of the Moby Dick where he stood untouchable was Whitebeard with a sword plunged through his chest.

~~•~~

"Introduce yourself, child." The old man's voice was strong and stable despite the different medical supplies hooked onto his body. Despite his age, his physical state, and the fact that it looked like he couldn't even get up if he tried, he was still overwhelmingly intimidating. He held no animosity though, no smugness or god complex. He watched without a trace of judgment or hostility. Sitting on his giant chair to fit his body: he almost seemed peaceful.

Out of habit, I placed my hands together and bowed in front of him, my head still down as I introduced myself, "My name is Y/n L/n. It's an honor to meet you, Whitebeard."

"Raise your head," And when I did, I could see a small smile on his lips. He glanced at Ace who seemed to be smiling at the two of us interacting, "So you're the one my son has taken a liking to?"

"Pops!"

Whitebeard let out a laugh as I avoided the two men's gaze. My fingers grabbed my clothes, fiddling with it anxiously as my feet shifted every now and then. I didn't really know how to act in front of an Emperor of the Sea. With Shanks it was different because we had met under different circumstances and he seemed so much more immature than the man sitting in front of me right now.

Whitebeard ignored Ace's complaints as he continued, "Well, I suppose that's one way to expand the family." He continued to laugh as Ace got more embarrassed, watching as Ace frantically explained to me that Whitebeard was just joking. "My son," The Emperor caught the freckled man's attention as he nodded towards the booze, "Why don't you go get us all some drinks?"