The Tea Girl Finds Her Suitor

Throughout their journey toward the Land of Tea, Neji couldn't help but to notice that Takashi is both anxious and nervous. The young Senju, a known merciless shinobi has been reduced to a neurotic boy in hopes his idea will do well. 

Truth be told, Neji only agreed to accompany Takashi in his mission because of the destination. The Hyūga though wanted to keep his reasoning a secret, had his own reasons for coming to the Land of Tea. 

"What are you so nervous about? Afraid that she's ugly?" Neji flatly teases, stopping Takashi's mumbling that has been non-stop throughout their journey so far. 

"Fairest or not, it doesn't matter. . . I'm not marrying anyone." Takashi now grumble. "If I promised the entire region their own self-sustainable shelter, do you think it would be enough for them to let me off? We still need their alliance, that matters."

Neji was hoping Takashi didn't talk this much, but his expression must be that uncaring for the young Hyūga to receive yet another earpiece of speech. "For a Jōnin you should care about this stuff too, you know?" 

"Fine, let's talk about your trade then. . . how strong are the underground shelters you're going to build for them?" Neji gave in, much to Takashi's pleasure. 

"As strong as I can make it." Takashi smiles as he pulls out a wooden cube. 

Neji gasped in his mind when he looked at the said cube. The wooden cube in Takashi's hand is brimming with chakra. But not only does it brimming with chakra, the power encasing the mentioned cube is constructed with such harmony of a system. The Hyūga could tell the wooden cube is strengthened by multiple arts of ninshu and ninjutsu. Heck, Neji has never seen such a secured thing, such as the cube. 

"How long have you been working on that?" Neji asked with apparent amazement. 

"For as long as I can remember, this has always been my passion." Takashi smiles and joyfully grins. "Construction made with the same system can withstand megatons of damages and energies. Our nature, as I noticed, compliments each other other beautifully with the right chakra, I was amazed when I first noticed it. . . though I'm sure someone else will be better than me someday."

"How so? You're our current best Takashi. . . it's hard to imagine someone who can achieve better than that." Neji pointed towards the wooden box. 

"That's just life. But what do you think? Do you think I can walk off a freeman with this?" Takashi asked again, making Neji think about something. 

"I suppose you could, but how do you propose to sell the idea without a marriage?" Neji asked back. 

"That's easy, just leave it to me. They'll need this as much as us, anyway." Takashi began to whistle his heart away. 

"You make it sounds like there will be war ahead of us." Neji said, wondering. 

"If the Ten Tails really do come back, it will be more than war I'm afraid. . ." Takashi's joy seems to evaporate. "If our world do go unprepared by the time that day arrives, it will be harshly one-sided."

". . ." Neji didn't know what to say, seeing as he recalls how it was hell to get the better of Takashi in their spar. If there's a threat more dangerous than Takashi, then Neji should prepare himself too. 

"Oh, yeah. . . I've been meaning to ask you this for some time now. . . " The shines come back to Takashi's eyes. "What's your reason going to the Land of Tea?"