15

It was early in the morning. My alarm hasnt even gone off yet but I'm awoken by the juttering feeling of feet jumping on my bed. Melanie, in all her glory was jumping on my bed. Requesting that I wake up, that it was time to get up. I smack the back of her knees, laughing as the girl fell next to me, I begun to tickle her causing the both of us to laugh together.

"Come on seriously, Es, you need to get up!", she states as she rocks me back and forth. I groan and throw my head back, exhaustion still pulling at me.

"Noooo", I groaned squeezing my eyes shut, "Lemme sleeeeeep".

"It's the last day of Christmas break", she starts as she pulls away and begins to push my body with her feet until I was down on the ground, "And we're not spending it in bed". A breath of air is pushed out of me as I hit the ground. I quickly rush back to the bed before grabbing Melanie and pulling her down with me, the both of us cackling on the ground.

Before we could continue a knock was on the door, I called for the person on the other side to come in before the door cracks open revealing Justin who held a cup of coffee in his hand.

"What're you two idiots doing?", he asks as he takes a sip from the mug.

"Why are you two up so early!", I giggle. Melanie makes it to her feet then reaches down to help me up to mine. That is before we both slip over the sheet and humorsly fall to the ground again.

"It's 8am", Justin deadpans, "Get dressed we're going out", he states before leaving the room. I look at Melanie who held a sheepish look on her face.

"What's going on?", I squint at her. I had learned early on Melanie was not good at keeping secrets. Since our break we didn't wake up until late afternoon, so the fact that both Justin and Melanie were awake way earlier was suspiscious.

Melanie blows a quick rasberry and jumps to her feet, "Nothing! Nothing at all, but you should listen so hurry up get dressed", she says, rushing out my room before I could question anythignfurter. Okay.. very suspicious. But I was already awake and had nothing better to do. Might all well get ready.

I stepped into the shower, enjoying the way the hot, steaming water relaxed my aching muscles. I washed every drop of sweat off my body before grabbing my shampoo and washing my scalp and locs. Once I had finished my shower, I dried my body off with a fluffy towel and wrapped my locs up in an old shirt. I made my way back into my room, only to be suddendly shocked by Vanessa who was sitting on my bed. Legs crossed and arms folded over her knees with a large smile on her face.

"Oh my goodness!", I scream in surprise as I held onto my towel for dear life, "Nessa!".

"Hey pookie", she grins, lifting out of the bed and rushing over to me with open arms, "Ooh you're all wet lemme back up".

I laugh softly, "I thought you were working today".

"I am. Working on getting you out this house", she giggles, "Now come on get some clothes on. Don't worry I won't look. My man is waiting for me down stairs".

"Say what?", I laugh, hitting her shoulder, "You and Justin are official?".

"Official to the drizzle girl", she exclaims before sticking her tongue out and popping her hip to the side.
I knew it. Those two just made sense. And Vanessa was good for Justin, she was open and honest, and Justin needed some honesty in his life. I think they made a cute couple.

"Okay hurry up, we'll be waiting for you downstairs".

Vanessa left me alone quickly. I took the time I had to moisturize my body and spray a body oil over my arms and collar bone, as well as my legs since I would be wearing a dress. I picked out a cute green dress that flared at my knees. I paired it with a fluffy white jacket and some matching boots before styling my hair in a low bun. After swooping my edges and putting on some lipgloss I took a once over of my self in the mirror.