Chapter 1: The Summoning

Synetta

A sigh escaped the woman's pale blue lips as she put her scythe away. This soul was a fighter. Trying to escape his punishment. All because he was a high figure on earth. Although she explained twelve different ways that earthly riches didn't matter in eternal judgement, even dumbing it down so a simple child could understand, he still decided to try and fight her for the right of reincarnation. She let out a sinister chuckle as he asked for a fight.

It has been a long time since she had a soul fight back. Granted it wasn't up to her whether he could be reincarnated or not. However, she was itching for a good fight. So she gave it to him. It didn't take long because of how weak and disoriented the soul was. He had lost and now he was reaped and placed safely in the jar she carried. Attaching the scythe to her back she lifted the jar. That was the last soul that she had to reap as her siblings took the rest for the day.

Quickly stepping into another dimension she faced the gates of hell. It was strange no one was around to receive the souls destined for hell. Her white brows furrowed as she stepped closer. This was wrong, so very wrong. Demonic bodies laid on the floor. None moving, as she opened the gates of hell to examine what was going on.. closing them before any could escape she walked over the bodies. Anger slowly crept through her veins that she had to go this far into hell to deliver the jar.

Stepping over the final body syn was fuming. The demons weren't created for Lucifer to kill them off in a fit. Pulling her long white braid over her shoulder she waited as a guard watched her. "Enter." Was all he had said. That was odd, Lucifer shouldn't need a guard. He was the king of demons after all. Shaking her head, she thought of the reasons that he may have been guarded but none of them made sense to her. His father made it so he was all powerful in hell.

As soon as she entered her eyes stared at the King, glaring. Setting the jar on the floor in front of the throne she watched the black void that was considered eyes stared into her purple orbs. She had to admit he was built like a god. Muscular but sleek, his long black hair complementing his tan skin. He towered over her, even with as tall as she was.

"Your demons are dead outside. So I had to come into hell to your throne room to deliver this." She gestured to the jar in front of them. She heard a couple of gasps from the women standing inside the room. Obviously, no one had outright spoken to him without permission. She didn't bow nor did she show any signs of submission. She watched the dangerous king of hell stand. A smirk played at his lips as he stalked toward her.

She wasn't impressed. The legends of the rebellion spoke more volume than the man before her. However this man was cowering in his castle instead of going out and figuring out what was going on. She was disappointed to say the least.

A gasp escaped her lips as he grabbed her chin. She swallowed at the intensity of his gaze and the shock wave of desire that flowed through her. Defiantly she pulled her chin out of his grasp. She could argue she didn't want whatever happened to the gate demons to happen to her and she was protected.

"And what do you suggest I do? Whatever happened to them out there is targeted to us." She could see the irritation, and something she couldn't quite place in his expression. She raised a brow trying to figure out if the question was rhetorical or not. Resisting the urge to bite her bottom lip she cleared her throat. It was before she could speak, that he spoke again.

"Father willing, I want to have you help me investigate. You're the only one who doesn't fall all over themselves around me." The words shocked her. She didn't know if she could do it. She had a job to do and her sisters didn't need to pick up the slack. She huffed softly as he left. She had always suspected that there was a secret meeting place that he and God met. Things had calmed in heaven one day after God decided to leave for what felt like an eternity for them.