chapter 3

PRESENT

i started to wonder where it all went wrong. was i not doing enough? or did we drift apart because of work? was i getting boring for him? or was it because of my illness? as i sat down on the bleachers, i started to tear up. someone saw me.

"hello just checking if ur okay?" a deep voice asked me with a concered tone.

i looked up to this man. he was wearing a dark green sweater and black round glasses. his hair was wavy and the cologne he was wearing smelled delightful. he immediately saw that i was crying and took out a tissue. i wiped my tears with the tissue and thanked him for it. he then asked why i was crying. i told him everything, breaking down into more tears.

he let me rant to him, even though he was a stranger. maybe there is still some good in humanity. after about 2 hours of explaining, i checked the time and was shocked that i had been talking for so long with a stranger. i apologized for my rudeness and introduced myself.

"Omg I'm so sorry for not introducing myself. I'm Maddy. Yourself?"

"I'm Jacob, nice to meet you"

when he smiled, i felt like the whole world stopped. my heart raced quickly. he was so cute. he had great style, a sharp jawline, probably 180 cm. his personality was so comforting and understanding. quite the jokster too.

after that, we exchanged our numbers and kept in contact. the next day i invited him over to my house. he immediately replied and agreed to come over. i had prepared food for the both of us. i made a simple pasta, accompanied by red wine.

when he arrived, we ate the food while talking about our life. he complimented my outfit which was a red dress that was flared at the bottom. we would just sit there for hours, not getting bored. when we knew it, it was already night time. the moonlight was shining and it was gorgeous.

Jacob looked into my eyes. Thats when i noticed, his brown eyes. they give me comfort and serenity. he went closer to me, and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. I looked up to him, my heart racing and butterflies began fluttering in my stomach. i looked down because i was blushing like crazy.

I then noticed someone staring at me through my window. the same silhouette at the party. was i dreaming? i rubbed my eyes and the figure was gone. i redirected my attention to Jacob and continued our conversation.