chapter 4

ADAM POV

i swore at that party, i heard someone crying. i turned around to see a blonde haired girl running off. i recognised that hair. it was surely Maddy. i let go of the girl i was talking to and search for Maddy. it turned out she left the party early. so i guess I'll leave too.

the next day i was in a dilemma. whether i should approach Maddy or not. i decided i should come over to her house tomorrow. i went to the grocery store today and i bought her flowers, the exact one she likes. the one i gave her when i asked her to be my girlfriend. im so sorry maddy for being such a bad boyfriend. i regret all my actions and decisions. i should have been more understanding towards you.

the next day, i went over to her house. but as i was walking towards the door, i see a guy coming inside her house. i just thought it was a plumber or something so i waited outside. it had been a few hours and it was night time. was the plumber still not done? i walk closer to her house and saw that the guy was touching maddy. i guess i was wrong and too late..

MADDY POV

after jacob went home, i went to bed. recalling about the weird incident that happened in the middle of our conversation just now. was it really adam? all these thoughts made my brain hurt so i just fell asleep.

the next morning, i woke up and got ready for work. as i was leaving my house, i saw a basket filled with flowers, snacks and a teddy bear. a note was placed on the basket and it said "good morning my love, have a good day at work." i smiled to myself and brought the basket inside. i then reached for my phone to call jacob and tell him his little gift was nice.

JACOB POV

We only met each other just the other day. But you already got me feeling some type of way.

I look into the mirror to fix my glasses. I chuckle to myself as i received a call from Maddy. I sit down on my bed and picked up the call.

"hello princess"

"heyy i wanted to say thank you for the gift you sent me this morning, it was really sweet"

"your welcome princess, we meeting for lunch later?"

"yup! see ya!"

she hung up the call before i could say anything else. now, i had t think of where to bring Maddy. somewhere private. i really want her. im starting to get desperate. When i first laid my eyes on her, i could tell she had sweet blood. so far, i havent blown my cover or shown any signs of what i truly am. i am one of the many ghouls in this world.

You got me down on my knees. It's getting harder to breathe out. whenever i meet you, your refreshing scent fills my heart and lungs with joy. the temptation to sink my teeth into you juicy flesh is increasing. every step i take closer to you, i have to fight my urges. i have to let you trust me completely. thats how i love to dine.