Family day

Macie had returned from the bathroom, finding a beautiful scene.

    Jake pointed out the fish in the aquarium to Hope, along with some words of excitement towards the little girl, who was laughing when she saw how her father imitated the fish.
    The woman took her phone out of her purse and took a photo of them both, smiling. It was a beautiful scene, like something out of those family movies. Something she had always wanted and now she had.
    She approached with the cart, little Jareth was already calmer after having finished his mealtime. She tapped Jake on the shoulder and turned to smile when he saw her.

   "Is everything okay, angel?" he asked along with a kiss on the lips.

    Over time, she had gotten used to that nickname. Every time he said it, it was like hearing magic words that made her heart jump for joy.

    "Yes, you know that he usually eats at this time," she answered, looking at the little boy.

    "He eats a lot." Hope looked at her little brother, pointing at him.

    "Well, because he is small and he has to eat to get big and strong," Jake looked at the little girl, explaining it to her. "You did it too, although of course, you cannot remember that."

    He gave her a small touch on the nose, which made the girl giggle. He also caressed the little boy's head, who moved his arms, happy for his father's attention.

    Hope crossed her arms, complaining about the attention her father gave her brother, to which he also stroked her hair, but then ruffled it. Another laugh came out of the little girl's mouth, and then she hugged him.

    "Can we go see the seals?" Hope looked at her father and then at her mother, with a smile, "Zayne is going to be watching them too!"

    Jake sighed, almost exaggeratedly. Macie smiled at his worried father's expression.

    "What if we don't go ahead and now you stay with Jareth?" Macie asked, then seeing her daughter nod quickly. "It's the father-son moment."

    "Just keep an eye on them," Jake joked, as he left Hope on the floor, and she instantly went to take her mother's hand.

    "He's just her friend, Jake," the blonde rolled her eyes, without erasing her smile, "I had one too, don't think we're going to compromise them."

    "Our daughter is beautiful, any boy or girl would go after her." Jake stood behind the cart, holding it.

    "Jake, they're just kids," Macie kissed him on the cheek, laughing, "you'll be the father-in-law when she grows up and finds a partner, don't worry for now."

    "Mom! Come on! I want to see Zayne!" The little girl pulled her mother with energy.

    Macie looked at Jake with a mischievous smile, at her eldest daughter's excitement.

    "And you don't want to see the seals?" She asked her as they walked away.

    "Yeah! Too!" Hope responded with a big smile "But it's better when Zayne is there."

    Jake watched them walk away and then heard little Jared crying.
    He leaned over and watched his stretch his arms out toward his mother, watching her leave. That had caused the pacifier to fall out. The father picked it up from the floor and took another one out of a small box, saving the one that had fallen to clean it later.

    "Hey, Jareth, do not worry, I am here," he said in a soft voice, while giving him the object.

    The little boy looked at him with glassy eyes, but little by little he began to calm down when he saw his father.
    The dark haired man let out a small laugh, stroking the boy's black hair as well.

    "You do not know how happy you, you sister and your mother make me," he continued speaking, as if he understood him. Did he? At least he knew what he studied before Hope was born, that it was important to speak clearly. "I will ensure that nothing bad ever happens to you."

    Jareth simply watched as he moved the pacifier, raising his little hands to his father's face, which made him laugh.

    "And yes, the same thing I said about Hope, it also goes for you when you grow up," he let him take his hand with the little one's little hands. "First I would have to meet their parents to know if it is a good idea to strengthen ties with the family," he sighed, raising his eyebrows. "Or better I listen to your mother and let fate bring you together like us, find the right person."

    The little boy laughed and his father gave him a sweet smile. Even if the years had passed, he still couldn't get used to the fact that he had reached this point in his life.
    He kissed his little hand, standing up and picking up the cart.

    He looked ahead, seeing in the distance how little Hope was jumping for joy when she wanted to meet her friend and his wife, encouraging her to jump.
    Really, after everything that had happened to him in his life, he couldn't change it for anything in the world.

    This was the best life he could have.