Flash Flood Warning.

(A SHORT CHAPTER FOR AN APOLOGY FOR POSTING LAST PART LATE.)

Her feet hit the pavement heavily as Carly jogged in the rain. The burning sensation of exhaustion was building up behind her lungs, causing her body to heave and sweat in an unnatural action.

"If you were prettier, I wouldn't have been bold enough to get with you. You only took a bit of convincing, eh?"

Shaking the memory from her head, she continued her exercise. She always thought beauty was trivial, skin deep, you know? But perhaps it was protection. Truth be told her eating disorder had always been about control, never about if she was objectively skinny or not. But now, now, she couldn't eat. She had to starve to survive. She wasn't pretty enough so the ugly beast that decided to consume her very unwilling soul thought he stood a chance.

Never. Again.

It was time for Carly to grow up. She couldn't afford to be the weak child she had been before. She couldn't survive it if her trust was betrayed again.

I'm not even sure if I'll survive it this time. God, I'm such an idiot.

She kept running until she reached the train tracks near the nursery. Heaving massive breaths of chilled air caused her body to feel numb, but that was her ideal right now. She couldn't feel the pain of hunger. She hadn't eaten since her attack, three days, and she's almost broke twice now.

As her tennis shoes touched the undoubtedly freezing rails, a thought echoed through her mind. If you died here, if it was all over, you'd be doing everyone a massive favor. Char wouldn't worry about you. Marjorie wouldn't worry about you.

The train will run soon.

You wouldn't burden Reece anymore.

Suddenly, as if it were some fucked up divine intervention, the train horn blared in the distance.

She inched closer to the middle of the tracks, taking a deep breath before bracing for impact.

"CARLY WHAT THE FUCK-" Suddenly, a very Irish voice boomed out. She had no time to react to a quick push of force caused both figures to stumble off of the tracks around fourteen seconds before the train came barreling past.

"SERIOUSLY, WHATS GOTTEN INTO YOU?"

What hadn't gotten in to her?

"Sorscha?"

"Yeah, Carly, it's me. What the fuck were you doin? You could've died."

"I just wasn't paying attention, sorry."