Chapter 004

Itsuki notices Ichika cleaning up a mess from another room. She joins in to help clean the place. Ichika asks, “So, how was it? These past couple of days?” Itsuki smiles, “Despite being stuck for days and the fact that a zombie could kill me any time, it has been quite an interesting experience.” Ichika teases, “Of course. Because you get to spend time alone with Hikigaya-kun.” 

Itsuki suddenly blushes and says, “H-hey! Don't say it out loud!” Ichika playfully giggles and says, “Oh my~ Itsuki-chan is being too obvious~” Itsuki whines, “Shhh! He might hear us—”

Hachiman interrupts, “Hear what?” The two sisters glance at him as he stands by the door confused. Ichika changes the subject and asks, “Any luck finding anyone?” Hachiman shakes his head in response. Ichika and Itsuki frown.

Hachiman adds, “Luckily, we did get a lot of supplies. I also asked Sakuta if he could help me modify the generator to light up the building.” Itsuki asks, “But, won't that take too much power?” Hachiman chuckles as he pats her head, “Don't worry. We'll figure something out.” Itsuki seems to be enjoying this sensation before realizing what's happening. She exclaims, “T-take your hands off me!” Hachiman continues to playfully tease her around.

Ichika smiles, “Since you two have been sleeping in the same room, why don’t you use this room? We'll take Komachi-chan with us.” Itsuki blushes, “B-but… isn't it inappropriate to share rooms if the two are of the opposite sex?” Hachiman chuckles, “If Itsuki disagrees, go hell with it. I'm tired of her snoring anyway.”

Itsuki exclaims, “I-I DON'T SNORE!” Hachiman smirks, “Yeah, you do. You kept munching my cheeks as if I were food. It's disgusting.” Itsuki puffs her cheeks and yells, “QUIT LYING!” Hachiman continued teasing her, “Ah, don't even get me started with the personal space.” 

Itsuki freezes for a second then her face reddens. Hachiman adds, “Jeez, if you're that cold you could've just told me about it. You don't have to cling on to me like that.” Ichika curls a sly smile and says, “Oh my~ so you two are sleeping on the same bed~” 

Hachiman and Itsuki blush as he stutters, “W-well, you know… in case anything happens at night…” Ichika smirks, “Oh, I bet something happened~”

Meanwhile…

Komachi sits alone in the living room as Sakuta sits next to her. He asks, “Are you hungry? I can whip something for you.” She remains quiet and continues staring at the floor blankly. Sakuta sighs, “How about some Azusagawa Therapy?” 

Komachi slowly glances at him as Sakuta suddenly embraces her in a hug. She tries to push him away but he says, “Don't. Just hug me back. This is part of the procedure.” Komachi reluctantly wraps her arms around him. He says, “Tell me what's bothering you. It's fine, you can let it all out.”

Komachi begins to sniffle and lets out a weak voice, “H-he's dead…” Sakuta says, “Go on… don't hold back.” Komachi can't control the tears dribbling from her eyes as she continues to cry out all her frustrations that's been pending. Sakuta says, “We're going to fix this. Trust me on this.” Komachi sniffles, “H-how…? You're not a scientist.” He chuckles, “That's why me and your brother are one of the smartest outcasts in the school. Nothing is impossible when it comes to us.” 

Komachi wipes her tears and chuckles. Sakuta smiles back at her. Suddenly, Itsuki's loud voice can be heard outside, “UGH! YOU’RE BEING ANNOYING, HIKIGAYA-KUN!” Hachiman yells back, “WHATEVER YOU SAY, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE MEATBUN MONSTER!” Itsuki whines out loud, “NOW YOU'VE DONE IT!” 

===

“Yes! That's 21!”

Hiratsuka chuckles as she watches Raiha write down her kills in one of her notes. She says, “Fu-kun said not to waste any ammo.” Raiha stares at her in confusion for a second. She smirks, “Since when did you start calling Big Brother that nickname?” 

Hiratsuka scoffs, “Of course, you two are sharing the last name. It can get mouthful and confusing at the same time.” Raiha teases, “Ah, the typical teacher-student relationship… it never gets old.” Hiratsuka remarks, “Says the 9-year-old. And where did you learn those words?” 

Raiha puts her eye back on the scope as she aims towards her next target. She says, “BANG! Double headshot! That's 24!” Hiratsuka sighs, “All right, that's enough.” She forcefully yanks the sniper rifle off the youngest's grasp. Hiratsuka says, “It's my turn now.” Raiha pouts, “Ehhhh…? You can go tomorrow, sensei.”

Hiratsuka ignores the younger one. The group has been practicing their aim recently. They usually practiced with targets while being stuck at the mall. Now they had transportation, they can roam around and clear as many zombies as they could. Hiratsuka steadily aims and carefully presses the trigger.

The bang echoes throughout the area. She cheers, “Haha! Headshot!” Fuutaro suddenly yanks the rifle from her grasp and says, “What did I say about wasting ammo?” Hiratsuka blushes, “Fu-kun—I mean, Uesugi…! Since when did you wake up?” He replies, “You two keep yelling and these guns are loud as heck!” 

Hiratsuka glares at Raiha as the younger one playfully whistles, pretending she didn't do anything wrong.

To be continued....