-Chapter 2-

Hanni.

The living room is alive with the pulsating beats of loud music and the vibrant flashes of colored lights. My friends and I are lounging on the couch, absorbing the electric atmosphere. For some, this might be overwhelming, but for me, it's an exhilarating experience.

There's something about the energy of a party that I love; it's definitely my favorite part of high school. I relish the feeling of being in the thick of it all, surrounded by people and noise. The whole scene feels like a movie, and I'm one of the main characters.

As I sit there, I find myself watching the door, curious about who might show up next. The place is filling up quickly, and with each new arrival, the house feels like it's shrinking.

The door swings open again, and I see a tall girl walk in. At first, I can't quite place her, but then I do a double-take and realize it's Minji. She's hard to miss with her towering height and distinct frame.

I can't believe she actually came to this party—Minji doesn't seem like the type to enjoy these kinds of gatherings. She's even wearing sunglasses, as if trying to go incognito. It's funny because, honestly, no one would care if she was here or not. Minji is one of those people who just blends into the background. She's not popular, but she's not a total outcast either. She's just... there.

As I watch, she navigates through the crowd, heading towards a corner of the house where she seems to find one of her friends. I can't help but feel a little superior; she looks so out of place. What a loser.

I know that sounds harsh, but it's true. She doesn't fit in here, not like me and my friends. We belong at these parties; we thrive in this kind of environment. Minji, on the other hand, looks like she's trying too hard to be invisible, and it's not working.

My thoughts are interrupted by Jison, who suddenly speaks up. "Hanni, what are you staring at? Not another boy, right?" he teases, his voice carrying over the music. I turn to him and grab his hand, laughing. "No, silly. I was just people-watching."

Jison squeezes my hand with a playful grin. "Okay, just checking. So anyway..." he starts talking about something, but I barely register his words. My attention keeps drifting back to Minji.

I wonder why she's here. She doesn't fit in with the party crowd at all, and it's clear she feels out of her element. She should honestly just leave before anyone notices her awkwardness.

t's not that I have anything against Minji, but she's just so different from the rest of us. While we're all dressed up and ready to have a good time, she looks like she'd rather be anywhere else. I notice the way she's clutching her phone, like it's a lifeline. Maybe she's just waiting for an excuse to leave.

A few minutes pass, and I notice Minji moving towards the kitchen. She seems hesitant, like she's trying to avoid drawing attention to herself. This could be my chance to find out what she's doing here.

Maybe I'll confront her, or maybe I'll just watch and see what happens. As she disappears into the kitchen, I feel a mix of curiosity and excitement. It's time to make my move. I get up from the couch, ignoring Jison's questioning look, and make my way towards the kitchen.

As I approach, I slow down, trying to be as discreet as possible. I peek around the corner and see Minji standing by the counter, pouring herself a drink. She looks nervous, like she's not sure if she should be here.

I'm about to turn away when I see something surprising: Minji smiles. It's not a big, confident smile, but it's genuine. She's talking to someone I can't see, and for the first time tonight, she doesn't look out of place. I feel a pang of curiosity as I look at her smile.

Who could she possibly be talking to, to make her smile like that? Even though my head is telling me to investigate further, I take a step back, deciding to leave her alone for now. Back in the living room, I rejoin my friends and try to focus on the party. But I can't shake the feeling I had when I saw her smile. What is wrong with me? As the night goes on, I find myself glancing at the kitchen from time to time, curious about what Minji is up to.

————————————————
A/N: A little shorter than the last chapter. do you guys want longer ones? lmk!!