XIII: WISHFUL THINKING

Himiko: "Ugh, how much longer until we get back?"

Rantaro: "No offence, but I don't think you have any right saying that when you gave up walking an hour ago." After some time, exactly two hours and fifty minutes, the survivors who infiltrated the underground facility owned by Towa Group were once again in the secret passageway that would lead them back into Towa City. At the moment, Rantaro said what he said because he was in fact giving Himiko a piggyback ride. During their time in the passageway for the second time today, Himiko couldn't take walking anymore, and Rantaro willingly volunteered to carry her the rest of the way.

Himiko: "Sorry, but I had to deal with this passageway on the way to the factory."

Maki: "To be honest, I actually expected her to give up the first time."

Shuichi: "Too much of one thing can get annoying after some time."

Nagito (Remnant): "That's exactly why Izuru needs to be stopped. Once we return to the shrine, we can talk about our next course of action."

Yoshi: "I-If we're throwing out suggestions, I think we should try looking for those other survivors." Much like last time, Yoshi was at the front of the group with 'Makaru' in his hands. Seeing his Maken for the first time surprised Rantaro, but it wouldn't be the strangest thing he's seen in his life. After all, Rantaro lived in a house with four people that were the very definition of strange.

Nagito (Remnant): "The ones who were hiding in the subway? I'm not so sure if that's a smart idea."

Rantaro: "Other survivors, huh? If you had something that belonged to them, I could smell it and track their scent down."

Nagito (Remnant): "Unfortunately, we don't have anything like that." During their walk, Rantaro decided to open up a little bit about himself. He told them how he came across his werewolf abilities, his friends' abilities, and everything that he went through when he first arrived in this world. Of course, Shuichi and his fellow survivors of the fifty-third killing game in their world made sure to tell Rantaro their side of the story.

Maki: "The city's pretty big, I don't see how we could possibly find the other survivors."

Shuichi: "If I had to take a guess, perhaps they're hiding somewhere that could be considered a landmark."

Yoshi: "Well... Towa Tower is out of the question. Nagito mentioned that the tower was monitored, so the survivors wouldn't be able to get inside."

Nagito (Remnant): "Yes, the Remnants of Despair made that building their base... well, their base in Towa City."

Yoshi: "Yeah, I had a feeling that Towa Tower wasn't their main base. If it was, I'm positive that we would've ran into Izuru himself."

Himiko: "I really hate hearing about this guy. He's apparently dangerous, but we haven't seen him at all."

Nagito (Remnant): "Well... that's because he barely visits Towa City."

Yoshi: "Huh?"

Rantaro: "Are you saying that Izuru's main base is outside Towa City?"

Nagito (Remnant): "Yes. Since he started conquering worlds that resembled this one, Izuru Kamukura has been using his crystals to bring his variants into Towa City. At the beginning, the variants were so weak that the Remnants of Despair killed them easily. As time went on, they got stronger and stronger, and they were making things more and more difficult. Time after time, variants of Izuru kept getting killed, and Izuru himself kept getting more powerful by the day. With the final variant here in our world, I believe that Izuru plans on taking his time with killing him."