iv

ALICENT SAT IN HER designated spot at the royal council

ALICENT SAT IN HER designated spot at the royal council. Nearby Aegon and Otto. The men we're currently discussing what they would do about Rhaenyra trying to stake her claim on the throne. She told already told her family about the newly betrothed. Otto was proud of his daughter, he believed she had played the right card. Aegon on the other hand was furious. The king had asked Alicent many times before to make Saelor his second wife. Alicent denied his wishes. She knew Saelor would be a weapon needed at one moment or another. A single daughter could be used to make many alliances when needed.

"When do you plan on wedding Saelor?" Otto asked, bringing everyone's focus on him. "You must handle this before Rhaenyra and Daemon figure out the boy is not dead." He added.

"Within a Fortnite than." Alicent shook her head. "We will have dinner tonight with the family to properly announce it."

"Very well. Aemond you can be the officiant." Otto said. By valerian tradition the officiant to a wedding ceremony must be a fellow Targaryen.

LUCERYS SPENT THE WEEK reviewing high valerian with the Targaryen princess. She picked up the words fast, and was able to form proper sentences like never before.

"Ao issi gevie" Lucerys said with a smirk. You are beautiful.

Saelor's face blushed at his words. If what she thought he said was right he had just called her beautiful. She must have just messed up the translation. There was no way Lucerys Velaryon thought she was beautiful. "What did you say?" Saelor asked to confirm her questions.

"That you are a idiot." Luce lied. He wasn't confident enough to straight up repeat himself.

"I am no such." A playful smile broke out onto Saelor's face. She shoved the boys shoulder. What has she been thinking. Of course he hadn't called her beautiful. Saelor knew she could be delusional at times and left it at that.

Lucerys slightly winced in pain at the touch. "I am so sorry I didn't mean to."

The brunette didn't like the fact he couldn't mess around with Saelor without somehow feeling a surge of pain. He felt like a pussy. If Jacaerys could see him he would have certainly made fun of his younger brother Luce thought.

Lucerys obvious act of pain reminded Saelor that it was well past time to change the boys bandages. "That reminds me. I think it's time to change your bandages."

It hadn't gotten less awkward as the process repeated. It only grew more uncomfortable. Luce pulled up his shirt, not needing to be told. Saelor's fingers traced around the burn. She felt bad for the Prince. Now that she got to know Luce it became more obvious to her that he did not deserve any of that. The slight touch around Lucerys injury stung but he contained any give away of discomfort, afraid that the girl would pull away. Before Saelor wrapped the burn up with a new bandage she subconsciously put her fingers to her lips and kissed them, than connecting her two fingers with his inflamed skin.

Lucerys felt a amount of affection form into his heart, that had not been there for a good while. The act may have seemed small to a outsider but to Luce it made him feel closer to the girl than any act of intimacy ever could. His mother used to do the same thing whenever he was a small boy and obtained a small scratch from rough housing with Jace.

"I think that since you taught me more valerian that it is my turn to teach you something." Saelor said standing up and walking over to the small table infront of the couch she had been sleeping on.

"What do you have in mind?" Lucerys asked although he had a good guess what the girl was thinking.

"I teach you how to draw." Saelor threw a drawing pad down infront of him.

Lucerys picked up the pad and started to flip through the pages. Looking at the dozen of sketches she had drawn. "I would like to teach you how to paint but since you can't move around quite yet I settled for this." Lucerys listened to what Saelor said but chose not to respond as he was still looking at the beauty of her art. The Prince now understood what Baela meant when she once told him art tells a story behind the picture. Originally he thought that was stupid and meaningless, but looking at the work infront of him it was like he knew what Saelor was trying to say. She was trapped and looking for a escape, a utopia. "What do I draw?" Lucerys finally asked.

"Draw what you feel and take it from there." Saelor said picking up a different drawing pad. She started to sketch out the outline of Lucerys face. She had the perfect view of Luce's side profile. She liked how his nose sloped. She always hated her upturned nose, but seeing it on Lucerys gave her a different point of comparison. She drew the small freckles that surrounded his rosie cheeks, and his shaggy brown hair. A perfect shade of chocolate. Saelor always thought brown hair was plain but that was before she noticed Lucerys Velaryon.

"Promise not to laugh." Luce said after the two had finished. Looking down at his page.

"I would never." Saelor smiled tugging at the page in attempt to see. The two shared their drawings, Luce more reluctant than Saelor.

Lucerys expected his to be much worse next to the redheads, but he didn't expect it to look that bad. Saelor made his picture look like something his little brother Viserys could have made. Not to mention he had just drawn the weaping tree close by the castle while Saelor drew a picture of him. Luce's face heated up and Saelor grew nervous afraid that may have been weird or creepy. "Is that me?"

"Yes do you like it?" Saelor asked

Lucerys grabbed the drawing pad from the girls dainty hands and tore the picture out. "You don't mind if I keep it do you."

Saelor grinned. It made the girl happy that Luce admired her art as much as she did. "Not at all."

The two were suddenly interrupted by a knock on the door. Following a silver haired Targaryen Queen. "I was requested to tell you both you are required to share dinner with us in the dinning hall tonight." Her voice was hazy and whimsical as always and Saelor smiled at her older sister

"Of course your majesty." Saelor said switching back to her proper voice.

Once Queen Helena found her way out both Luce and Saelor looked at eachother in sync. "I find it to early for you to walk around don't you think?" Saelor asked the boy.

"I have a bad feeling about tonight. They wouldn't specifically request for us to join for no reason." Luce felt the familiar feeling of worry consume him.

"For our sake I hope you are wrong Luce." Saelor frowned thinking about what the future may hold for them.

Unedited

A/n SAELOR AS A MEMBER OF TEAM BLACK