welcome to high school

~ now playing: sunflower [post malone, swae lee] ~

~ in queue: chicago [michael jackson] — nuthin' but a 'g' thang [dr. dre, snoop dogg] ~

~ "oh my god, i'm totally tripping balls" ~

The only thing Carter Torrez wanted to do was please her father.

Before Carter was born, her parents were heavily in love. When they found out about Carter, they cried with joy and held each other. They wanted their child's gender to be a surprise, although Carter's father, Landon, was certain it would be a boy. There was pride in his voice every time he told his buddies he was having a son, and even though neither of them knew exactly what their unborn baby was, Landon could "just tell."

Complications arose during Carter's birth and Landon was distraught. The only thing left of his beautiful and loving wife was their newborn baby. Imagine Landon's surprise when he found his baby was not a boy, but a healthy and smiling girl. Landon was unsure what exactly to do. He was depressed because of his deceased wife, and now the only thing he was certain would go right had gone the exact opposite.

To try and preserve what little of his perfect vision he had left, he named his only child Carter. As the two grew older, Landon raised his baby into a toddler just like he would if she had been a boy. Carter liked trucks and Power Rangers and football. She played soccer with the other boys in her grade instead of gymnastics with the girls. However sometimes, when there was a break in the game, she would watch the girls practice their cheer routines, doing flips and cartwheels all over the blacktop.

Carter grew into quite the athletic young woman, and by the time she was in the sixth grade, she was playing football alongside her other classmates. She was better than a lot of the boys in her grade, something that made her father proud. When Carter saw her father smile every time she would score a point for her team, it made her want to do it again. She knew her father was sad because her mother was gone, and seeing him happy made her feel like she had fulfilled herself as his daughter.

When Carter made the high school football team as a freshman, her father was so happy he threw a party for her and her closest friends. She met April O'Neil through this party, who happened to be the girl who met the teenage mutant ninja turtles in the garage.

April was the one who called Carter a day later, asking her quite a peculiar question.

"Hey, Cee. This is going to sound very weird and kidnapper-y, but I was hoping you could meet some . . . friends I made recently. Meet me outside of school, and bring the spare key you stole from Mr. Spade last week."