CHAPTER 3

Bact to before Zhan escaped from their house:

After the makeup artists and his friend left, he opened the door to invite the bodyguards who were watching over him to come inside. "Hi, come on in," he greeted. The bodyguards looked at each other, hesitant to leave their where they were standing.  "I know you're wondering. I just want to thank you for watching over me," Zhan said calmly, convincing the bodyguards to enter his room. "Just sit there on the couch. I'll get you something to drink as a thank you," he added, heading to the fridge for some juice.

"Do you think he won't cause any trouble? It's surprising he's being so nice," remarked another bodyguard. "Maybe he just wants to talk to us" answered one.

"Yes," agreed one.

Zhan returned with four juices and handed them out one by one. At first, the bodyguards hesitated to drink, which Zhan noticed. To reassure them, he took a sip himself. "I'm sorry if I'm always stubborn and I'm also sorry because you're always the one being scolded,"  Zhan said sadly. "No, no, it's okay, young master. It's our duty to protect you," they assured him, and began drinking the juice, unaware of Zhan's smirk.

After they drank, they felt dizzy, and Zhan burst into laughter. "I'm not really nice, especially if you always follow my father," Zhan said. While the bodyguards tried to keep their eyes open, they eventually fell asleep. Zhan took their phones and submerged them in the sink with water, then grabbed his backpack. "Birth certificate, card, and phone - check," Zhan muttered as he slowly left the room and locked the door. Instead of using a car, he hailed a taxi to the bar.

[Present:]

When he entered, he started counting until he reached 16, but he didn't see anyone except for a man with his back turned. Zhan guessed he was an employee. "Won't Dad be angrier when he finds out the man I married isn't rich?" Zhan thought, grinning as he approached the man with his back turned.

Zhan knocked on the counter to get Man's attention. Yibo slowly turned to him and smiled slightly. "Am I in heaven?" Zhan asked. Yibo frowned slightly but still greeted Zhan with a sparse smile. "Good afternoon, sir," he said calmly.

Zhan's eyes widened. "Your voice is sexy," he remarked. Yibo raised an eyebrow and ignored Zhan's comment. "What would you like to drink?" Yibo asked calmly.

Zhan smiled mischievously. "You," he replied. Yibo cleared his throat. "This is serious. I'm not here to drink, but to find someone," Zhan continued, expressing his goal as to why he was there before his father found him.

"Excuse me?" Yibo responded, puzzled. Zhan grabbed Yibo's hand, but Yibo quickly pulled it away. "Didn't you take your medicine before you came here?" Yibo asked concerned. Instead of answering, Zhan abruptly asked. "Marry me."

Yibo choked on his own saliva and reached for his phone which started ringing. As Zhan realized Yibo was calling a bouncer, he hurriedly leaned over the counter and covered Yibo's mouth. "Can you let me finish speaking first?" Yibo glared at him and removed Zhan's hand. "Did you escape from a mental hospital?"

"Do I look crazy?" Zhan asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Kinda," Yibo replied. Zhan rolled his eyes. "Marry me, and I'll pay you no matter how much. Name your price."

"Excuse me, but this is not a bar for the mentally ill," Yibo said, turning away. Zhan grabbed Yibo's hand. "Please."

Yibo looked at his hand, which Zhan was holding. "Do you want to leave on your own, or should I call the guards? If you're just here to cause trouble, please leave. I'm working." Yibo said plainly. Which was the reason for Zhan to be challenged, for the time that someone disliked him because in their school the students who liked him were almost on their knees to be his boyfriend whether male or female.

"No, I won't leave until you agree," Zhan insisted. Yibo scratched his head. "He's handsome, but something seems off in his head," Yibo thought to himself.

"Look, you don't know me or my name, and suddenly you're asking me to marry you? Are you mad?" Zhan smiled. "Then what's your name?" He asked.

Yibo glared at him. As he noticed some guards approaching, Yibo smiled. "Sir, is there a problem here?"

"Escort him out and ensure he doesn't come back, he just causing trouble," Yibo instructed the guards, turning his back on Zhan. "Sir, let's go outside."

"Let go of me! Don't you know who I am? I'm a customer here, and my friend is the brother of the bar owner. You'll regret this!" Zhan shouted as the guards carried him out of the bar. "Arrogant, you'll pay for this.

When Zhan came out, he attempted to kick the guards, but they were too big for him to do anything effective.

"Oh my god! The wedding ceremony starts in just 30 minutes," Zhan exclaimed. His phone suddenly rang, and he smiled upon seeing Haoxuan's name. "Zhany, how are you? Your father is furious because the bodyguards watching over you can't be reached. Where are you?" Haoxuan fired off questions rapidly. "They couldn't answer because they fell asleep before I left. By the way, where's Jili? I need to ask him something," Zhan asked.

Haoxuan handed the phone to Jili. "Beshy, do you know the name of your bartender?" Jili frowned, sensing something bad was about to happen. "Why?"

"Just answer."

"Wang Yibo."

"Cool"

"Why?" Jili inquired cautiously.

"He's the one I've chosen to marry."

"WHAT?" Jili and Haoxuan exclaimed simultaneously on the other end of the line.

"Do you know he doesn't like socializing? If I were you, I'd find someone else..." Zhan didn't hear the rest of what Jili had to say because he felt someone pulling at him from behind. He turned around to see a young man he didn't know. "Do you need anything?" Zhan asked.The man pointed to himself. "I don't need anything from you, but I think you need something from me," he said arrogantly.

"You're kidding, right? I need something from you? since when?" Zhan asked sarcastically, then turned back to talk to his friends, but the call had been disconnected.

"Do you want to know the name of the male bartender from earlier?" the man asked, causing Zhan to immediately turn around. "You're really quick uhh. Maybe you have a crush on him" he teased.

"Even if he were the last man on earth, I would never like him," Zhan said confidently.

"Interesting. Then why did you ask him to marry you?" The man put a hand on his chin, intrigued.

"We don't know each other, why should I explain to you?" Zhan replied.

The man laughed. "I've found a match for my friend," Woodz thought. "No, but I can't help you if you don't tell me," he said, approaching Zhan to whisper, "I have a plan." After he whispered, they both smiled foolishly.

At the wedding venue:

The person tasked with checking on Zhan approached Zhan's father. "Sir, the bodyguards assigned for young master fell asleep and young master was not at home either. "WHAT?" Zhan's father shouted, causing the guests to look at him, and he immediately apologized. "Xiao Zhan, this time you've brought shame to my reputation," Zhan's father thought.
Thirty minutes passed, but the groom still hadn't arrived, disappointing the guests who began to leave. "Where is your son?" the old master asked calmly. "Sir, he's not at home," the attendant replied.
The old master looked at him angrily. "How dare you embarrass me? he's your son, and yet you don't know where he is going," he said furiously, rising from his seat. "There will be no marriage. I am disappointed in you," he declared, turning to leave. Zhan's father reached out and held his hand.

"Please, Sir, give me one more chance."
The old master didn't speak, but his glare spoke volumes. Eventually, Zhan's father let him go. After the old master left. Zhan's father came forward to apologize for the inconvenience caused by the wedding cancellation.

"I'll disown you for real this time" Zhan's thought.

THANK YOU FOR READING IT 🥰💚❤️🥰🥰