CHAPTER 11

Weeks had passed, but there was still no change in the way Grumpy and Luna treated each other. At home, their situation remained the same: sometimes Grumpy was in the bedroom, other times it was Luna, with both trying to outpace each other to claim it first.

Luna’s friends were no longer grounded and were now at Yibo's apartment, acting as if it were their own.

"Zhany, what are you going to do? Classes start tomorrow, and you can't hide from your dad forever. You're lucky he hasn't tracked you down these past few weeks, and that your husband hasn't ratted you out, even though what you did to him was unfair" Haoxuan said. Zhan looked at him. "I have a plan to avoid all this, and I think my husband is starting to love me" Zhan said seriously, causing his two friends to burst into laughter.

"I don't like what you're thinking, and do you really think your husband likes you? He’d probably throw you out if he could" Jili said, laughing. "Anyway, what's your plan?"

"I’ve contacted a few reporters. I’m going to give an interview" Luna said with a smile. Haoxuan nearly fell off his chair. "What??" Instead of answering, Zhan walked to the door when he heard the doorbell. "They're here" he said.

"You're insane, Xiao Zhan!!!" Haoxuan yelled.

Luna opened the door to greet his acquaintance, reporter Ziyi, and a few others he didn’t recognize well. "Come in, please excuse the state of our home" Zhan said, as if he wasn’t about to cause trouble. "We agreed that you wouldn’t disclosed my location, right?" Zhan asked them.

"Of course, what do you take me for? We're friends," Ziyi replied with a smile, as they began setting up their equipment for the interview.

...

While at work, Yibo was puzzled to see Woodz approaching him, almost out of breath. "Zhan," Woodz managed to say, and Yibo knew something was wrong without needing to ask. "What kind of lunacy is he up to now? I might not be able to hold back this time" Yibo thought. He raised an eyebrow at Woodz. Instead of speaking, Woodz handed his phone to Yibo. As soon as Yibo saw the screen, he recognized his apartment.

"Hello everyone. For those who don’t know me, I am the son of Governor Zanjin Xiao. I'm here today to ask for your sympathy. I am worried about my safety because, recently, there have been strangers following and searching for me," he paused and wiped away his fake tears. "I know you might say that my father is the governor and he can provide me with as many bodyguards as I need. But I don't want that. I'm 17 years old and I want to live freely. My father is the governor, not me. I don't need many bodyguards; what I need is the freedom to live like any other teenager my age," he said dramatically.

"I am asking you that if you see anyone suspicious approaching me, do not hesitate to call the police." He added.

"His mind is really something else. He’s not actually crying; I bet his back would be laughing if it had a mouth" Grumpy said while watching the video.

"One question, is it true that you ran away from your wedding?" Ziyi asked. Pretending to be sad, he replied, "To answer your question, yes, and I know what I did was wrong," he paused. "I understand my dear father, he just wants to secure my future like any other parent would for their child. But I am in love with someone else, and I can’t marry someone I don’t know. I love the person I chose, and yes, he’s not rich. I know what you’re thinking—that he’s only after my money. But you’re wrong. He works for himself and gives me everything I want, even if it means he has nothing left. that's how serious he is about our relationship" Luna replied.

"Is he crazy? And when did I ever give him what he wants? If I could, I would throw him out entirely. He’s so annoying," Yibo muttered.

Grumpy kept thinking about the Governor. "He seems familiar to me," Yibo muttered softly, which Woodz overheard. "You don't know our Governor?" Woodz asked curiously. Yibo just looked at him. "Oh right, you don't care about the people around you" Woodz added and turned back to the screen.

"Aren't you going to give us a clue about who he is?" Ziyi asked. Zhan grinned widely.

Elsewhere. Yibo tightened his grip on his phone.

"No, I don't want to give him a headache. If too many people find out who he is, he might not have peace of mind. I don't want that. I want him to have a chance to breathe without people staring at him. I don't want him to be stressed out by people. Also, he's handsome, so I'll keep him to myself for now," Zhan said calmly, intentionally showing his wedding ring.

"Wow, the audacity to say he wants me to have peace of mind. The truth is, he just wants to be the only one to annoy me. Lunatic" Yibo muttered, as if Zhan could hear him. Woodz couldn't help but laugh.

"What kind of father is your dad?" Ziyi asked, the main purpose of the interview. Zhan smiled before answering.

"My wonderful father is very loving. He gives me everything I want, and I rarely see him angry. So, I’m sure you made the right choice in electing him as our Governor." He said while smiling.

"But there are rumors that your father is scary and always angry. Is there any truth to these speculations?" Ziyi asked, making Zhan smile even wider. "That's not true. I, Xiao Zhan, promise you that if my father does anything wrong or unacceptable, I will personally inform the public. I know you think I can't do that because he's my father, but you're wrong. I believe that wrong is wrong, and it shouldn't be tolerated, even if it involves family," he said, holding back laughter.

"Remember this: if my father becomes violent or unjust, I will personally help you remove him from office. However, I think that's unlikely because my father is a very kind and loving man, and he's never been angry with me. That's all, thank you."

"He should've been an author. He's so good at making up stories!" Yibo whispered, handing Woodz his phone.

That's why he seemed familiar," Yibo muttered as he entered the room. He grabbed his phone and made a call.

"Hello."

"Did you call because you saw the video?" the person on the other end asked.

"Damn it! Are you the reason why he easily got the marriage certificate without my consent?" Yibo asked angrily.

"Young man, watch your language," the person on the other end said firmly. "I have things to do," he added.

"Are you avoiding my question..." Yibo started, but the call was cut off before he could finish. He facepalmed in frustration.

Meanwhile, Zhan’s father’s secretary rushed into the office, panting. He found Zanjin staring at the large TV screen. "You've seen it already, Gov. Thanks to the Young Master's actions, there are many positive comments about you and how good of a father you are," he said with a smile, but was startled when the remote control was thrown at the TV screen.

"Sir, are you okay?" the secretary asked, trembling. Zanjin glared at him. "What are you thankful for?"

"Well, sir..." Before the secretary could speak, Zanjin interrupted. "Don't you have a brain? He didn’t do this for me, but for himself. It’s a trap. Because of what he said, I can’t confine him here at home. If he speaks, people will believe him."

"And the Young Master always does what he wants," the secretary added. "Now he has the chance to avoid my bodyguards and won’t be forced to come home. Damn it, Xiao Zhan. You’re just as stubborn as your mother" Zanjin said angrily.

Elsewhere, "Zhany, do you think what you did will work? You're trending, and everyone is praising your father" Haoxuan said.

"My father is smart, so I know he’ll understand what I’m trying to convey," Zhan said as he stood up. "Let’s go to the bar where my husband works. I just want to give him some peace of mind," he said, heading to the door. Jili and Haoxuan shook their heads and followed him.

Thank you for reading it 💚 ❤️ 😍