Chapter 34

After the party, when all went home back, it was again them alone but in their newly decorated villa. She tiptoed in their room when he was watching the shelf that she had organised with their respective diaries and a few books that they often read at night.

He turned around feeling her presence behind.

She held her ears and started doing situps. He rushed and stopped her.

"Baccha don't do this please. I forgive you....Ayinda baas ese mujhe darana mat. Meri jaan atak jaati hain agar tumhe kuch..."

She hugged him tight.

"Kabhi nahi....I would never ever hurt you ever again I promise"

"Good girl" he kissed on top of her head.

"And.." she lifted her head to meet his eyes.

"And?" he asked with a light frown.

"I love you too...enough not to let you die for me"

He smiled.

They rested their back on the bed after the tiring day.

"Kartik tumne isse pehle accident ke baare main kuch pata lagane ki koshish kari thi?"

"Nahi yaar time hi kab mila" he replied and she nodded.

"Tumhe Ritwik kesa laga?" he asked turning to her.

"Umm he is nice but I don't know" she sighed.

"Haan mujhe bhi uska behaviour accha laga" he agreed.

"Hmm baate kaafi accha karta hain"

"Kal maine usse office bulaya hain dekhte hain" Kartik said.

"Paar tum ek bar khud confirm kar lena ki..."

"Obviously"

The next day was smooth yet as usually hectic. Arav interviewed Ritwik and he found him genuine. So they hired him in their own company.

Kartik finished a meeting and got some time alone with Sara.

"Sara tum bohot jyada workload le rahi ho"

"Tum bhi to le rahe ho" she said checking some pages.

"Waise main soch raha hu kal jaha accident hua tha...waha se dad aur un dono ko jiss hospital main le gaye the...fir kuch investigation"

Sara realised his distress and rubbed her finger over his hand.

"Tum kal jaa rahe ho?"

"Nahi main kiu jaunga...kisiko bhej dunga"

"Kartik I think you should go"

"Matlab?"

"Matlab yeh family se juri hui cheez hain tumhare papa se related so I think you should go yourself"

"Paar tumhe yaha akele..."

"Main ghar pe rukungi with guards aur Kiara ko bula lungi. I guess to shaam tak to laut ayoge"

"Haan.."

He wasn't satisfied fully but had to agree as she was right. She pulled him a gentle hug.

So the next day he went and Sara called Kiara home. They were having good time together.

They had settled in for a action comedy movie, laughter and chatter filling the cozy living room. The atmosphere was light and carefree until Sara's phone buzzed on the coffee table, interrupting their fun. It was from an unknown number and she picked it up.