Chapter 3: A Father's Absence

Erin sat on a couch next to his aunt. She stared out the wall window, deep in thought, before starting.

"When me and your father were young, we wanted to make a difference. He had a huge need to know what things were made of, I wanted to know how things worked. So when we graduated high-school, we decided to work together to figure the secrets of the world out."

"We joined the same company. We figured out things nobody else had. But we got greedy."

"Years earlier, Marcus nearly got hit by a bolt of lightning. When he looked through the crater, he found something. A new element."

She slid over a small glass case with tiny black shards in it.

"He called it Vornium. Extremely rare. It only showed up inside incredibly powerful lightning strikes. This is all I have left. Testing showed that it's unbreakable. But the other side effect was even scarier."

"When inserting into a living being's blood, Vornium would allow them to generate electricity and move at speeds that shouldn't be possible. Of course, your father wanted to use this to help people, but I wanted to sell out. Another tech company offered us billions to give them all of our Vornium. They went back on their word.

"Marcus ran. There were going after his family. They were after you. So he took almost all the Vornium we had and got on a plane. They followed him. I haven't seen him since."

Erin was quiet. A small tear rolled down his face. His aunt continued.

"Erin there is more liquid Vornium flowing through your veins than blood. If they find out what you are, they'll stop at nothing to kill you. Probably worse. They'll drain you."

"Which company is it?" Erin asked.

Jessica sighed, "They were called A.G.E.N.T."