Chapter 5

A/N: Sorry this took so long! Life kinda got in the way... Hope you enjoy this chapter!

As the days went on, Ryo checked the mailbox at least 15 times daily. Hoping to see that Vanguard logo sealed envelope holding his acceptance letter, the key to his future. As the week came to the end... No acceptance letter came in. 

Hana: "None Ryo?"

Ryo shook his head. He spent the week convincing himself that he definitely had a chance to be accepted. He took down the big bad monster and awakened his Essence. Even Ignis applauded his actions even before achieving his Essence. 

Daiko: "Just give it some more time! What if the... mailman is late or something."

Rina: "Maybe you could do something to kill some time?"

Ryo: "I could... Maybe I coul-"

Lightning and Thunder roared through the air, followed by a knock at the door cutting off Ryo's sentence. Ryo rushes to the door and opens it. As the door opened, all he could see was... a wall? It wasn't until Ryo looked up and saw an old man with a grey beard and a scar over his eye. 

Ryo: "Damn he's tall..." He thought

???: Ryo Shimizu?

Ryo: "Yes that's me..." he said with a gulp

Hana walks into the living room

Hana: "Zeus?"

Zeus: "Hello Hana."

Ryo: "Wait... Zeus? Like Zeus of the Pantheon? Like THE STORM SOVEREIGN?"

Zeus: "And many other nicknames the Vanguard have given me..."

Hana: "What are you doing here?"

Zeus: "I wanted to personally come here and hand you this."

In Zeus's hands was a folded-up uniform with a blue tie on top. On the side was a Vanguard medallion. 

Ryo: "Are you saying I'm..."

Zeus: "Well... Try it on!"

With an expression of joy,  Ryo ran upstairs with his new uniform to put on, Zeus walked up to Hana.

Zeus: "He's just like him huh?"

Hana: "He has those same eyes of determination that Daichi had before..."

Zeus: "Honestly, I did not think he would make it very far. He passed his Written Exam however, he barely passed the Physical Exam."

Hana: "I heard from Ryo... I'm sorry about the damage he caused to the training ground..."

Zeus: "Apology not need Hana. It showed the pure uncontrolled power Ryo has. Imagine how it would be if that power were under control."

Ryo soon returned to the living room wearing his new uniform

Ryo: "So... How do I look?"

Hana's eyes went wide

Hana: "Daichi..."

Zeus: "Like a Vanguard!" he said while slapping Ryo on his back

Hana walked over to Ryo and placed her hands on his shoulders.

Hana: "I am so proud of you. Your Father would be also."

Ryo simply smiled.

Zeus: "Now that Ryo has received his uniform, I shall take my leave. Remember the first day is in two days young man."