Chapter-24

Author's POV

Kabir's interruption was a moment of levity in an otherwise intimate scene. "I just came to ask Bhabhi about the cake," he said, breaking the tension with his usual blend of casualness and mischief.

Alaia's response was immediate "I'll do the cake, Kabir,"she declared.

Turning to Alaia, Rann's concern was evident. "Are you sure, baby? It's a very tiring task. You don't have to."

Kabir interjected, "Yes, Bhabhi, just let us know, and we'll order it."

"I want to do it," Alaia replied, her determination clear as she addressed both men.

Kabir nodded, resigned, and said, "We'll help you then."

Rann quickly took charge again, "Kabir, you handle the guests and return gifts. Get ideas from Chachi and place the orders. I'll help her with the cake."

Kabir, never one to miss an opportunity for humor, teased, "If you guys do it together, who knows, you might end up making kids instead of a cake."

Rann's glare was sharp and disapproving. He was clearly irritated by Kabir's  joke. As if sensing the impending reprimand, Kabir made a hasty retreat, laughing as he disappeared from view.

Feeling the sudden shift in atmosphere, Alaia stood there, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Rann approached her, his demeanor softening as he took her face gently in his hands. He kissed her tenderly, whispering, "Ignore him."

Guiding her towards the gallery that led to a spacious, tastefully decorated room, Rann said, "This was my room when we used to come here on vacations ."

Alaia admired the room, responding, "It's pretty."

"Do you want to get started on the cake here or somewhere else?" Rann asked, his gaze affectionate and supportive.

"I think here," Alaia decided.

"Will it be okay if I do it here?" she asked, seeking reassurance.

"Of course, baby," Rann replied with a warm smile.

"Okay then, I'll go and bring all the ingredients and everything," Alaia said, determined to start the task.

Rann interjected, "We'll order them, hon."

Alaia added, "I want to get changed too. I want to be comfy while I bake."

Rann disappeared briefly into what appeared to be a closet. He returned with a selection of hoodies, offering them to her. "You can get changed into whatever you like or grab anything from the closet."

Sensing her hesitation, he reassured her, "No one will disturb us. We're alone."

I sat on the edge of the bed, the anticipation of her return filling the room with a warm, expectant energy. When I heard the bathroom door creak open, I looked up to see her stepping out, clad in one of my hoodies. The oversized garment swamped her frame, the sleeves hanging down so far that her palms were completely hidden. The sight of her in my clothes, so casually and comfortably draped, was mesmerizing.

I mentally shook myself, trying to keep my thoughts focused. No, Rann, don't go there—I scolded myself internally.

I walked over to her and gently took her hands in mine, carefully folding the sleeves of the hoodie so they fit her better. The simple act felt intimate and reassuring, and she looked up at me with a grateful smile that made my heart skip a beat.

I leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her hair, letting the moment linger. The familiar scent of her, combined with the comfort of my hoodie on her, created an overwhelming sense of contentment.

Sitting back on the bed, I looked at her with a question in mind. "Baby, what do you want me to order for the cake?" I asked, my voice steady but filled with genuine interest.

She settled down beside me on the bed, facing me. I scooped her closer, our bodies aligning as she almost ended up sitting on my lap. Her cheeks flushed slightly with the closeness, adding a rosy glow to her already enchanting presence.

As she began listing the ingredients she needed, I reached for my phone and started adding items to the cart. Each ingredient she mentioned was noted and entered with care. Her soft voice, combined with the closeness of our bodies, made the task feel like an extension of our shared moment.

I placed the order for the cake ingredients, noting with a smile that it would take about two hours to arrive.
---
Time skip

Alaia's POV

Rann ordered the stuff, and it said it would be here in an hour or two. But right now, we're lying on the bed, all cozied up, and I don't want to move. I'm practically lying on top of him, our bodies perfectly fitted together like two puzzle pieces that belong. My feet are tangled with his legs, creating a warmth that seeps into me, grounding me here in this moment. My head is nestled against his chest, rising and falling with each breath he takes, while my hands are wrapped securely around his torso, holding him close as if I never want to let go.

His hands are around my waist, their warmth radiating through the fabric of my shirt. He's gently caressing my belly, his fingers moving in slow, soothing strokes that send a gentle hum of electricity through my skin. It's peaceful, like the entire world has paused for just the two of us. Neither of us says a word. There's no need to. The silence is filled with a shared understanding, a quiet intimacy that speaks louder than any words could.

I shift slightly, just enough to lift my chin and rest it on his chest. From here, I have the perfect view of his face, and I can't resist the urge to study it. His features are so familiar to me now, yet they never cease to captivate me. His strong, chiseled jawline, the way it curves so sharply yet smoothly, like a sculpture carved from marble. His eyes, those deep, captivating pools that seem to hold all the secrets of the universe. I watch the way his eyelashes, long and dark, flutter against his cheeks each time he blinks, like delicate feathers brushing against his skin.

And then, there are his lips. They're so perfectly shaped, soft yet firm, with a natural curve that makes them look like serene. They're inviting, magnetic, and I feel a pull that I can't resist. Slowly, I lift myself a little, just enough to close the distance between us. I press my lips against his, feeling their warmth and the familiar sensation that sends a spark of joy through my entire being. When I pull back, I look into his eyes, unable to keep the adoration out of my voice as I whisper, "You are so, so, so handsome."

For a moment, there's a flicker in his eyes, and then the most unexpected and beautiful thing happens. His cheeks, usually a shade of warm beige, begin to take on a soft, rosy hue. He's blushing. My Rann, with his strong, confident demeanor, is actually blushing. It's the most adorable sight I've ever seen in my entire life.

I can't help but tease him a little, the playful side of me coming out in full force. "Awww, are you blushing?" I say, my voice light and teasing. I reach up and poke my fingers into his cheek, feeling the warmth there, a stark contrast to the usual cool composure he carries.

His blush deepens, spreading across his face like a soft pink wave. It's such a rare, precious sight that I want to etch it into my memory forever. He looks almost boyish, a touch of shyness in his expression that only makes him more endearing. I giggle softly, feeling an overwhelming rush of affection for this man who, in this moment, is both my strength and my softness.

Note:
Hey guys,
I  apologise for the late updates, these past weeks have been so tough mentally, emotionally and academically for me. I practically skipped almost most of my meals these last weeks. And I couldn't give even the slightest of time to writing.

This chapter didn't turn out to be what I had expected.

Please give your reviews of the chapters.
Thank you!
Good Night.